What engine do I have?

Only speculating... but I’d say the engine already has some modifications by looking at the carb, 8-9000 RPM is gonna take some $$.. thing to look for: billet flywheel, billet Rod, performance piston wrist pin will cover the bottom end... then there are endless dollars that can be spent on the head and valve train, but the flywheel is a concern... never turn a stock flywheel over 5800 RPM, go with a billet, Jody @ ARC can give you good info on a build

Dyno cams lists the 308 at 8400 . The 310 -9000 and the 356 85-9000
The 308 is there most popular cam and what i would recommend .
Some port work , light port work .
See how that all goes .
Obviously the billet rod , a piston upgrade would aid longevity .
So 9000 is the top of dyno cams recommended range , getting too 8,000 is going to be a big gain .
Of course fully ported big valves and reduced chamber size is always an option .
Add in a bigger carb , methanol . Life expectancy goes down fast .

Lol just want to see how fast I could make one go. Didn't expect it to last long couple races maybe. But don't want to break the bank doing it.

by looking at those pics i would say a builder put that engine together. the cam may or may not be stock. sometimes cams are reground to a different spec. the engravings are not there normally which tells me its been gone through already.

Back