What happened to the 206 Forum?

Thread now going. Great motor package folks! We started with 4 at lil E and added 2 at the end of the season. Got another joining next year. Those joining had fun. These motors are competitive and low maintenance.
Long live the 206!

Hopefully, in time we will get it back.
In the mean time you might also want to visit the Briggs website / forum.

I run a clone and a lo206. My clone makes a little more power than my lo206. In the clone you can feel when it runs out of power and falls off with the 206 it will make good power all the way to the rev limiter. The 206 pulls a lot harder off the turns than my clone does.

I have ran a Box Stock Clone and an Animal LO206 on the same track and the Lo206 is about a second faster on this particular track, an asphalt banked oval, around an 1/8th mile. I have also ran on a 1/9 mile oval dirt track banked on one end and flat on the other and the Lo206 is faster than all of our Box Stock Clones there also. Key word is box stock.

I also would like to see the Lo206 forum back. Any word on the development of the Lo206 Wisconsin Sprint series that was being discussed on the old forum??

I run a clone and a lo206. My clone makes a little more power than my lo206. In the clone you can feel when it runs out of power and falls off with the 206 it will make good power all the way to the rev limiter. The 206 pulls a lot harder off the turns than my clone does.

Sentences 3 and 4 contradict sentence 2.

The Lo206 is a great engine package. As more and more clone racers grow frustrated with inadequate tech, constant rules changes, and subsequent rising costs - the 206 program will grow. Probably 75% of the new LO206 race-ready packages that we have sold have been to disgruntled ex-clone racers. Most of the other sales we've seen have been to new racers, which is VERY encouraging!
Looking forward to the return of the LO206 forum here as well.
Keep in mind what a monumental task it is for Bob to re-create this entire website even to the point it is today. MUCH thanks to Bob for all his hard work and perseverance.

Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Something to consider for the faster group would be a Pro206 . Take a LO206 and change the cam to a progas cam and the rod to a WF then add the WF coil (7100 RL).

ALL OTHER specs stay the same as LO206. Easy to tech and faster than a 206 BUT not the cost of animal or progas. The 7100 rev limit makes it a hoot to race and saves a lot of wear and tear.

The rules are already basically written. Take the LO206 rules and change the cam specs to teh Progas spec and ADD the WF rod and coil spec. Bingo done deal.

Maybe Briggs could offer it as a SEALED option to the LO206 platform as the Pro206. They would ONLY have to Exchange the coil,cam and rod. It could come race ready for a reasonable LOW cost.

Now that would be a good low cost factory option in my opinion.

(;-) TP

Not Bad Vmax. Looks like the Animal Pro Gas engine with the World Formula red 7100 coil. Might just work, good thinking! Personally I like the idea of what you say except use a 8000 RPM coil. This would fit more race series. The dirt / pavement oval needs 7500 and the sprint racing needs 8000 RPM for good racing, so the 8000 rpm is best.
Our thinking is starting to line up a little, like maybe 75%. It would come down to Briggs and Stratton Motorsport group decisions. They have to always be thinking on what options will gain the most engine sale volumes per engine platform change. They need sales volumes 10,000 +, not below 1000 engine sales.
Is our $795.00 fall sale price for a race prepped and dyno tuned Animal Pro Gas still too high for you? You can build it yourself cheaper!

Steve

hIYA Steve I would say no to the 8000 coil as there is really no need to go there and still have good racing. Same with the l0206 not going to 6600. We still have great racing just a t a lower rpm and the engine last forever with a little bit of maintaince.

You Price is mt a problem BUT if it catches on then the prices will skyrocket to the about the same as an animal is now. Same engine same parts count same base price.

Building a Pro206 would be cheaper as there is little that you can actually do to the engine blueprinting wise to drive the cost up. Even less IF Briggs were to seal the block like the LO206.

THEN it could really be Buy and drive like the LO206 . The builders would still have a bit to do with it IF the drivers wanted it dyno tuned to be sure. HP would be just under a progas as there would be no head work allowed like the LO206.

Rev Limted racing is a LOT of fun as it limits the top end horspower that most builders can apply. Truely a drivers game then. You learn quick a new set of driver skills. Drafting is a hoot with a limter in play. EVEN if you can get to a faster draft partner(2stroke) it limits the advantage you may have trying to draft him and get away.

Racing with teh LO206 HAS been a LOT of fun. For those that want to go a bit faster then the Pro206 would be a great low cost option with tight tech specs for fair play.

When it is TIME to get NEW drivers in the seat a new faster "buy and drive" option MAY be a great help. Without new drivers in the loop for road racing there is little hope for 4 Cycle racing to survive much longer in that venue. That would be a shame because it is SO MUCH FUN racing over the weekend in multiple classes and the friendship that evolves is some of the best in the world. DID I mention that we all eat well to boot. You just HAVE to try the World Famous OJ Cheese burgers ?? served on Saturdays at lunch.

Just a thought, (;-) TP

Just another thought BUT the WF coil is already a production part. To go to 8000 Briggs would have to create a new low volume part, higher cost.

(;-) TP

So far, the LO 206 as it comes from the factory, with a 7100 PVL ignition has worked fine for me. You don't actually need to turn the full 7100. It works best for me around 6800/6900 with stock components. The Pro Gas cam in that package would definitely light things up.

Joe

Something to consider for the faster group would be a Pro206 . Take a LO206 and change the cam to a progas cam and the rod to a WF then add the WF coil (7100 RL).

ALL OTHER specs stay the same as LO206. Easy to tech and faster than a 206 BUT not the cost of animal or progas. The 7100 rev limit makes it a hoot to race and saves a lot of wear and tear.

The rules are already basically written. Take the LO206 rules and change the cam specs to teh Progas spec and ADD the WF rod and coil spec. Bingo done deal.

Maybe Briggs could offer it as a SEALED option to the LO206 platform as the Pro206. They would ONLY have to Exchange the coil,cam and rod. It could come race ready for a reasonable LOW cost.

Now that would be a good low cost factory option in my opinion.

(;-) TP

This is the same thing that happened to the Clone engine. It was a cheap and easy way to get people interested once again in Karting. It succeeded but the "people" was not satisfied and wanted more, and they got what they wanted. The LO206 is a good program to get people started or back into Kart racing, but once they start wanting more they will get it, and the price goes up. It's the never ending circle of speed. Just sayin...

Back