What happened to the Margay Oval kart?

Ted Hamilton

Helmet Painter / Racer
Just like the subject says, I remember the posts on Bob's v1.0 that nice pics and I was interested in the Margay offering. It had more of a sprint-kart front end style, IIRC, and the rest was pretty standard. I know it did some racing to test the prototype and some adjustments were made by results weren't bad...

Just curious what happened to it and if they're now available?

~ted

I saw it last yr. at Daytona, even helped to try to spring it for more cross, then heard a little bit more, then nothing for a few months.

Ted, my friend Taylor Moore was testing one at k3 in Illinois. The first night they ran it, they brought home 2nd in clone. That kart is fast and is nothing like any other kart on the market. Margay has made one heck of a kart.

Ted, my friend Taylor Moore was testing one at k3 in Illinois. The first night they ran it, they brought home 2nd in clone. That kart is fast and is nothing like any other kart on the market. Margay has made one heck of a kart.

Thank you for the kind words Brendan :). We began production on the Striker X1 in early March of this year. We are incredibly proud of it and everyone that is driving one seems to be winning races. I get calls everyday from guys excited to tell me how much money they won that week. We have worked with some great people and veterans of the sport to produce this piece and the results show it.

For more information on our Striker X1, check out the link below --------
http://www.margay.com/karts/models/striker-x1-offfset.html

I own one of the X-1 Strikers and they handle amazing it's a fast kart. If your looking for a really good chassis get the X-1 Striker you have so many adjustments to do whatever setup you want.

Back