What happened to this place?

DepDaddy

2-3 years ago you could have come on here and asked in the "for sale" for darn near anything and you'd have 28 people who had one to sell.
Then there were merges, and the 2 cycle guys were lost in the "for sale" mix. It's tough digging through pressure washer motor parts looking for oil burner stuff.
I appreciate this place, always have for 8 years, but I'm just noticing less and less participation, or is it just me?
Don't blame covid, many tracks are back open, and here in Florida, barely closed at all.
Hope to see 4 and 2 split again, and more people participation going forward.

Try looking in the 2 cycle section .
Under : for sale .
Changing of the Gaurd ?
For me its easier to keep what i have then deal with selling .

For sure the number of posts are down - especially in the classifieds and business sections.
It used to be that a post in the misc. classifieds section (before any mergering) would be on the front page for a few hours then be bumped off. Posts on the business page might be there for a few days before being bumped -- now they last a month or more.
Last convo I had with Bob indicated that site traffic was still good, but fewer and fewer paid subscribers and much fewer actually posting.
Some have surely moved to social media like Facebook. Even I reluctantly added a page for our shop's social media exposure.
Facebook will never be what 4cycle offers.
While 4cycle.com may not have a whole lot of 2 smoke parts (it really never has,) it's still considerably safer to purchase from on here than on social networks. And keep in mind that Bob doesn't receive a dime from classified ads on his site.
This site has historically been dominated by 4 cycle oval racers.
Now, I have seen a recent uptick in sprint and road race posts on here - albeit L206 related for the most part.
Things change, people change, and a few of us older people still stick around where we feel at home. :)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

The url is 4cycleDOTcom, not 2cycleDOTcom ;) I kid, I kid.

It certainly seems to me that there are several of us "regulars" that are around daily, or at least weekly. Seems to me that the popular threads stay popular for about a week, and then fade off over the weekend. I would think we have 1-2 "new to karting" posts per week, and it seems to me that they typically have a few specific questions, and then fade into the sunset again.

I do know that there are 3 or 4 of us on here from my area now, which is kind of cool considering I was the only one a year ago. Forums seem to be weakening compared to facebook, but I think that the forums have better information in a more digestible format.

it's still considerably safer to purchase from on here than on social networks.

Not really, you can still get burned on either site.

The Facebook groups are way more effective at selling. The fact that I can reach hundreds of thousands of people via Facebook selling groups is a no brainer.

Not really, you can still get burned on either site.

The Facebook groups are way more effective at selling. The fact that I can reach hundreds of thousands of people via Facebook selling groups is a no brainer.
Yeah, I had a guy just yesterday tell me he had a wheel set for $130, and when he sent the pics it was from an ebay listing I saw earlier for $180. For giggles, I said that I would only pay $80 total including shipping, and without hesitation he jumped at the idea. I cut off communication.

Back