What Has PRC Been Up To Lately?

James@PRC

Site Supporter
What has PRC been up to lately?

As most of you know the brand new Scythe chassis was released a little over a month ago (with help from our incredible network of dealers).

We've also improved our line of fiberglass products - introducing the new 2020 "SS" high side body, and the NeXgen 2.0 seat (medium & large), both of which have received extremely positive feedback.

So, how have all of these new products performed?

Well, take a look at a few of the wins the new Scythe chassis has racked up in the past 6 weeks (most of which used one of or both the new seat & body):

-$10,092 Wayne Poole Memorial Race @ GKK (Daniel Armstrong)
-$5,000 Winter Kart Nationals Pro Heavy 300 @ Eastbay (Armstrong)
-Pro Super Heavy @ Daytona (Scott Heath)
-Heavy and Pro Stock Heavy - The Rumble @ Paradise (Jamie Knopf)
-Pro Heavy @ Liberty Indoors (Bo Billings)
-Animal Heavy @ Williamston Indoors (Austin Barnhill)

FullSizeR (8).jpg
IMG_3209.jpg

So whats PRC seeing with the deuce? was it a flop since a new chassis was made the next year, what is PRC hearing in that dept?

So whats PRC seeing with the deuce? was it a flop since a new chassis was made the next year, what is PRC hearing in that dept?

The Deuce is still an excellent chassis. And even though we introduced the Scythe, it will not be as fast as the Deuce if both are given the perfect set of tires, set up, engine, etc. The Deuce was built for flat out, raw speed. Personally, I LOVE my Deuce and feel like I can win with it anywhere in the country!

The feedback we received however, was that the Deuce was not as consistent as our customers would like. It is not as "user-friendly" as karts we've made in the past. Many customers could not get their Deuce to work because they would not adapt their tire program to make it work. We also concluded that many customers were trying to run Recon/MINecon set ups on the Deuce, which will definitely not work.

So, the Scythe is a direct production of customer feedback based on what they liked, and did not like with the Deuce. We hear "user-friendliness" on a daily basis, and developed a chassis that is just as user-friendly as the Triton or Phenom. We also developed the Scythe to be as fast as possible given the amount of user-friendliness. The new design also gives the driver a "softer" feel, which most believe is easier to drive.

It's all about
"Supply and Demand." We've given our customers (current, former, and NEW) what they have asked for, since many of them have given up on the Deuce.

Last edited:
Know a few guy's here central pa struggling with the deuce on Friday night sr clone 375 hard moist slick and Sunday day race good bite on 33's, can put same tires on other chassis and run up front, what needs to be different with tires ?
What set up do you recommend ?

The Deuce HAS TO HAVE more bite than most karts. 9 times out of 10 you cannot simply take the tires off of another kart, put them on a Deuce and expect it to run, ESPECIALLY if the set up is not right. You may be able to get away with it on a wet track with tires durometering in the 20's and 30's.

With Maxxis on a Recon, I used to wipe my tires 4-6 times per week and did very well. Now, with the Deuce at the same tracks (with relatively the same conditions), I wipe 10-15 times per week. Same prep as I've always used. Then, at the track I'm not doing anything different than normal. Wiping as needed, and choosing the right tires for the track conditions. I have won countless times on both karts, but there's no way I could prepare my tires for a Recon, put them on my Deuce and expect to be competitive.

As for set up... the Deuce cannot run more than 45.5% nose.

I've received many calls and messages with customers stating that their nose is 46.5-47.0% because "that's what they've always ran with other karts." Therein lies the problem. Different karts require different set ups, different tires, and sometimes different driving methods.

As for nose weight, mine has seemed to be best at 44.8%.

You also have to keep the left side weight lower on the Deuce than with recent karts. A lot of people have been getting away with 60.0% left and even up around 62.0% left with Recon & MINecon's. However, the Deuce will PUSH with that much left. I usually keep mine right around 60.0% in 425/super heavy, where I used to run 61.5% on my Recon.

Along with left, you cannot run up around 70.0% cross like many have over the years. Mine is normally around 64.5-65.5%.

So, for your normal, local track in stock medium/heavy you should have something like this:

Nose: 45.0%
Left: 58.5%
Cross: 65.0-66.0%

LF: Camber: +0.25 | Caster: 8 | Toe: 0
RF: Camber: -2.50 to -2.75 | Caster: 12 | Toe: 1/16" Out

Rear stagger will vary depending on track size and corner radius. We always run and recommend running 1-1/2" in the front.

If it doesn't turn (especially on entry) it's probably because it needs more bite.

I hope this helps anyone still working with their Deuce. Like I've said before, I LOVE mine!

any pictures of the new seats and body?

We will have professional photos and more information posted at a later date. However, we have chosen to give the responsibility of advertising and promoting our new products and parts to our valuable lineup of Authorized Distributors & Dealers.

I am a little confused as to why you all would not do your " normal " release of this new chassis. From what little I have heard the new Scythe is something I would definitely be interested in but without more information I am reluctant to order. Just need more info, pictures, prices, a Youtube video explaining the new Scythe would be awesome.I understand giving your dealers first dibs but we do not really have a local dealer here on the south side of Indy yet and in fact the closest one I know of that I would deal with would be Brian Casey but he is 5 hours away.

I am a little confused as to why you all would not do your " normal " release of this new chassis. From what little I have heard the new Scythe is something I would definitely be interested in but without more information I am reluctant to order. Just need more info, pictures, prices, a Youtube video explaining the new Scythe would be awesome.I understand giving your dealers first dibs but we do not really have a local dealer here on the south side of Indy yet and in fact the closest one I know of that I would deal with would be Brian Casey but he is 5 hours away.

I do understand where you're coming from. However, with the internet and social media now a days, your dealer doesn't need to be close for you to have a connection with them. Simply call an Authorized PRC Dealer or log on to one of their social media sites and there will be a ton of information available to you. (Casey Racing even has Scythe's in stock!)

We're trying a different approach this time to give your dealers a better opportunity to promote and advertise new Phantom products.

Don't worry though... pictures and detailed information will be updated to our website before too long.

Last edited:
The Deuce HAS TO HAVE more bite than most karts. 9 times out of 10 you cannot simply take the tires off of another kart, put them on a Deuce and expect it to run, ESPECIALLY if the set up is not right. You may be able to get away with it on a wet track with tires durometering in the 20's and 30's.

With Maxxis on a Recon, I used to wipe my tires 4-6 times per week and did very well. Now, with the Deuce at the same tracks (with relatively the same conditions), I wipe 10-15 times per week. Same prep as I've always used. Then, at the track I'm not doing anything different than normal. Wiping as needed, and choosing the right tires for the track conditions. I have won countless times on both karts, but there's no way I could prepare my tires for a Recon, put them on my Deuce and expect to be competitive.

As for set up... the Deuce cannot run more than 45.5% nose.

I've received many calls and messages with customers stating that their nose is 46.5-47.0% because "that's what they've always ran with other karts." Therein lies the problem. Different karts require different set ups, different tires, and sometimes different driving methods.

As for nose weight, mine has seemed to be best at 44.8%.

You also have to keep the left side weight lower on the Deuce than with recent karts. A lot of people have been getting away with 60.0% left and even up around 62.0% left with Recon & MINecon's. However, the Deuce will PUSH with that much left. I usually keep mine right around 60.0% in 425/super heavy, where I used to run 61.5% on my Recon.

Along with left, you cannot run up around 70.0% cross like many have over the years. Mine is normally around 64.5-65.5%.

So, for your normal, local track in stock medium/heavy you should have something like this:

Nose: 45.0%
Left: 58.5%
Cross: 65.0-66.0%

LF: Camber: +0.25 | Caster: 8 | Toe: 0
RF: Camber: -2.50 to -2.75 | Caster: 12 | Toe: 1/16" Out

Rear stagger will vary depending on track size and corner radius. We always run and recommend running 1-1/2" in the front.

If it doesn't turn (especially on entry) it's probably because it needs more bite.

I hope this helps anyone still working with their Deuce. Like I've said before, I LOVE mine!

Been a PRC supporter for around 10 years now, and actually own the Deuce but was only able to run it once last year due to work commitments. If I get the conversion kit and switch over to the Scythe will it be more tire friendly and not need a special/certain tire to be fast on? And from what I recall from a previous Facebook post on the PRC page there wasn't going to be a new kart for 2020?

Back