What if they did away with the 3 point shot in basketball?

see I feel watching 3’s being drained is the only part of the game today that even resembles basketball.

Someone would claim it's racist...just because.

Personally I like the 3 point arc, except when my team isn't hitting. :)

Thanks,
Brian Carlson

Back it up another foot if its too easy. They don't want to raise the goal cause dunking is entertainment. But alas you don't have to worry about this for now the NBA is closed for the time being

The 3 point shot goes both ways for teams that concentrate on it - you live by it (when they are going in) or you die by it (when they aren't going in).

If there was no 3 point shot, then short guys wouldn't really have as much of a chance. The worse shot in basketball right now is the long 2 pointer.

The 3 point shot also opens up the inside play (stretches the defense). A good team will play the outside and the inside. Hitting the 3's makes a team defend the perimeter while opening up the inside for the big man play or the dribble drive.

Some evolve with the game as it evolves and some don't.

Just like a dunk is still only....2 points, I think from the NBA on down if you dunk the ball it should only be 1 point. Might keep some of the HS kids from being show boats.

Back