What is a good homemade tire prep

I know it is not making my own. In fact most preps are just labeled and are not made by the ones selling it. Many are not even mixed, just relabeled. I wonder how many of the preps sold doesn't come from Track Tac or Hot Lap.
Very few.
TT does private label for many prep "brands."
I don't think that Keizer offers that, although a lot of preps are made using Hot Lap.

Very few.
TT does private label for many prep "brands."
I don't think that Keizer offers that, although a lot of preps are made using Hot Lap.
Well, I have seen many that are exactly the same with a different color. I do have a friend who works with chemicals at a laboratory, so I know what I am talking about.

I just got on a new prep brand a few races ago and I haven't seen prep like this stuff before. It doesn't have a strong smell and it is very light-colored. It is FAST!!!! Like all preps, it cost a decent amount of money but the customer service and help that the owner gives you when you get on his program is amazing. He was working on his go-kart and I asked him a question and he went out of his way and was like how about I just come look at your tires. He was giving me great info for over 10 minutes. Best customer service I have had so far since I started karting. I plan on using this prep for a long time because of how good the owner is and how much he knows about the prep and the prep is just fast stuff.

I am no tire expert by any means. I wanted to get a tire roller and start inside prepping myself and I asked a lot of questions about it. The jist of the many pieces of knowledge that was given to me is that you can and probably will ruin the tire if you inside prep with the wrong stuff and thers no going back. Not like externally prepping where you can correct problems .

The majority of the preps out today are all the same, made by the same company just labeled different.
Trac tac aka ATTL makes about 95% of all preps
Ding,ding,ding,ding😂there is intelligent life out there…i sucked at school because i never did homework or opened a book,but still i passed with d’s and c’s.whats really screwed up is someone judging you,and they dont know where to get air at for their car tires..

When I started just about everyone made their own prep, because we didn't have all the choices that we have today.
Like its been stated before most all preps come from a few manufacturers, I've seen the same thing with oil, FHS made several different brands, same oil different color or scent.
I.would get with who.ever you choose as your tire person and learn their program, who'll be better off.

OK I will ask. What kind of surface are you running on? Yellow Vegas are inherently pretty soft and there are tracks that need a firmer tire with a lot of bite wiped on.

What works in my part of the country may not work in your part . Find the guy that is cutting and grooming tires for other racers and see what he recommends for the tracks you race at . I have found that most of them will offer you getting into a tire program with them . Or will at least give you some ideas. I would also recommend small experiments at a time with your preps . Sometimes you can get to aggressive and kill your tires and lock yourself down , which could lead to you thinking wrong gearing or engine problems, which in turn drives you nuts . Being new , get with the tire guy in your area .

When I started just about everyone made their own prep, because we didn't have all the choices that we have today.
Like its been stated before most all preps come from a few manufacturers, I've seen the same thing with oil, FHS made several different brands, same oil different color or scent.
I.would get with who.ever you choose as your tire person and learn their program, who'll be better off.
FHS was made by another company for FHS.

Back