What is best header for stock hemi

dennis smith

This is a stock hemi predator with filter adapter and header non tech items (also has a blueprinted SP carb). The only pipes I have are multi stage 9.30 clone headers. My questions are, is a smaller pipe needed? If so, which one? Would not using a standard RLV 1- 5/16” muffler be any advantage? The tracks are 1/8 mile and smaller with tight corners.

Get a one of both.(weenie pipe and staged pipe.) run both and see what you like. There are a ton of choices out there!

Using the rlv is likely more of an advantage that's what the pipe was made to run with .
Multi stage 930 is fine.

A TRUE stoc class Predator with stock oem cam,,springs and no machine work needs a .880 id pipe with a RLV Muffler.. Not really concerned about the configeration of the pipe as long as the primary is .880.... You can determine the ID size by measuring the OD... A 1" OD pipe will measure approx .880 ID

A TRUE stoc class Predator with stock oem cam,,springs and no machine work needs a .880 id pipe with a RLV Muffler.. Not really concerned about the configeration of the pipe as long as the primary is .880.... You can determine the ID size by measuring the OD... A 1" OD pipe will measure approx .880 ID

Do you have a link or part# for the pipe you are thinking of? I have a true stock 212 predator. Thanks!

We run a short paper clip track. I run an .880 pipe on our unrestricted clone. That pipe makes good power all the way to 7400 and pulls hard off the corners. Primary size is key as said above!

71-7200 is the norm but I stretched it’s neck a few times on pavement and got that out of it.

Attachments

• ADD77709-6378-4424-9436-140F4B0981EA.jpeg
    ADD77709-6378-4424-9436-140F4B0981EA.jpeg
    104.6 KB · Views: 32
Back