What is the best bulley dics

There is two types one with small groves on both sides and the other is smooth on both sides both are both genuine bulley dics

I prefer the genuine Bully discs over the aftermarket. The aftermarket are harder - they may last longer and even take some heat abuse better, but my belief is that a well built clutch shouldn't be getting hot.

As far as grooves or not -- I like the grooves for cleaning, but in all honesty, how often do racers pull their clutches apart and clean the grooves? BTW, A Dremel with .040" cut-off wheel will make some quick grooves in a solid friction disc if you really want - just be careful to cut straight and square so the discs do not pull or chip where they are cut.

The solid friction discs do offer more surface area, but I think with our current engine packages, we have plenty of surface area with a 2 disc Bully already. The minimal amount you give up with the grooves isn't noticeable.

Now, here's the oft-overlooked factor that I think is more important than grooves vs non-grooves:
Surface finish (or grind) that the metal discs are ground. Yes, how aggressive the finish is determines a LOT of how your clutch "feels". Less slip, more slip, just the right amount of slip. It will even change, to a much lesser degree, the spring heights that you use.

Take into consideration all of the aftermarket clutches...each one of these clutch guys is selling basically the same product (some asking $100 more than others) with basically a different color anodizing. What else is different? Some things, not a lot. I'll let you buy them all and figure it out on your own. :)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back