What is the best chassis for my use?

DoubleX

Looking at buying a brand new kart to run for the next couple years. Will be running this kart at several race track surrounding my area, most of which are low bite tracks. Level of competition will vary, mostly running in $200-$750 purse shows. This area is covered up with Burris/Hoosier tire rules, and I have a basic understanding of how to prep/cut each. Not saying I'm an expert tire man, but I know slightly more than most Saturday night racers. Looking for something consistent as I will be running a traveling points series, and not too hard to figure out with tires. Just looking for opinions, which chassis would best suite my purposes?

Honestly, any professionally built kart should work fine.
It could be easier or quicker to find parts and advice for brands that are popular in your area.
I'd go into the pits at the tracks you want to run, and ask for opinions (particularly the guys who are running up front).
Don't be surprised if the really serious racers own more than one brand of kart. They also may favor certain models, and even years of manufacture.

Back