What is the best KT100 Pipe

KTcookie

I'm looking for a KT100 pipe that is best for low end torque. I run a 1/6th mile dirt oval, I'm a heavy guy and want to come out of the turns as fast as possible. Blueprinted KT100, Patriot 3disk dry clutch, 10 front/ 97 rear

Not 100% but a dd might be direct drive .
Header angle is not a super big concern. Flex is a fine tuning adjustment . Once you set its near where its recommend .
The kbdm is very popular.
Tsow is very similar.
There are others as well .

When you talk pipes don't forget the header some pipes have a recommendation for it. Call RLV and talk to Art he'll have good info for you. Hope that helps some later Chuck.

I used a KBDO when I ran on ovals. It prolly has the strongest corner exit which should be around 12k. It makes its best power between 11-12

Where are you slipping the pipe at. That is a fun pipe to run. Not sure if the fastest setup but with low gear it will rev better being direct drive pipe. Your clutch slip needs to be very low. I ran about 7500. It will slow down if you slip it in the 8000’s

Many, MANY years ago I set up a sprint kart with a direct-drive Yam. Engine was to the WKA specs, except I ran the intake port .025" milder than the spec. I also ran a 10-96 at our local sprint track (Santa Maria, CA).

I ran a dd pipe I picked up in Australia called the "Hot Dog", which I think I got from St. George Kart Centre back in those days. It was a very "Vevey"-style exhaust pipe (dead-straight exhaust pipe, so it required one of those original OEM Yamaha long/curved headers).

The engine would pull cleanly (and well) from 7000 to 17000 rpm with that setup.

Probably one of those most fun go karts I've ever driven, and it required virtually no maintenance.

I gave two of those pipe (new in box) to one of the guys that visits this forum... let me chase down his username here, and maybe you could contact him and get him to take some dimensions off that pipe.

edit: I think the user: moebiusgold might be the correct username for my friend that has the pipes. Don't hold me to it though...

PM

Hey Pete , this was a SA I built 8 years ago , it was DD and raced on a dirt road course, evidently a popular class down under. He said they were gonna turn 17,000 rpm at the end of the straight, and get pulled way down in some tight turns. I let him figure out the pipe because of their experience with DD. This is what he came up with.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220906-213911_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20220906-213911_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 62
Many, MANY years ago I set up a sprint kart with a direct-drive Yam. Engine was to the WKA specs, except I ran the intake port .025" milder than the spec. I also ran a 10-96 at our local sprint track (Santa Maria, CA).

I ran a dd pipe I picked up in Australia called the "Hot Dog", which I think I got from St. George Kart Centre back in those days. It was a very "Vevey"-style exhaust pipe (dead-straight exhaust pipe, so it required one of those original OEM Yamaha long/curved headers).

The engine would pull cleanly (and well) from 7000 to 17000 rpm with that setup.

Probably one of those most fun go karts I've ever driven, and it required virtually no maintenance.

I gave two of those pipe (new in box) to one of the guys that visits this forum... let me chase down his username here, and maybe you could contact him and get him to take some dimensions off that pipe.

edit: I think the user: moebiusgold might be the correct username for my friend that has the pipes. Don't hold me to it though...

PM
You got it correct Pete. I still have both pipes. I still don't have my first attempt at a KT100 DD dialed. It really falls on it's face below 8k. I'm right at the WKA numbers. I'm unsure if that is part of the problem, or it has bad blowdown which I never measured. Or maybe I'm just too used to the K35 DD. I'm considering dragging it to Santa Maria next year just to put a smile on your face while smelling R40 again.

You got it correct Pete. I still have both pipes. I still don't have my first attempt at a KT100 DD dialed. It really falls on it's face below 8k. I'm right at the WKA numbers. I'm unsure if that is part of the problem, or it has bad blowdown which I never measured. Or maybe I'm just too used to the K35 DD. I'm considering dragging it to Santa Maria next year just to put a smile on your face while smelling R40 again.

You may be expecting a lot out of a DD Yamaha! haha!

Try going .025"-.030" milder on the intake timing. I remember mine pulling quite well in the low 7000's

Back