What is the proper weight distribution

imho there is a proper(what works) weight distribution for every brand of kart every infinite way it can be setup for every track and track condition.

IMHO from the above you will find the best baseline weight setup for your kart for each track you race.

IMHO after that, setup and weight distribution are about correctly identifying and solving on track problems.

Yes there is the guy that walked away from the payout window with the most $$$$ in his envelope had it lol !!

I AGREE with Paul but will add you'll NEVER achieve that IF your NOT on the right Tires.

I AGREE with Paul but will add you'll NEVER achieve that IF your NOT on the right Tires.

And I AGREE with you.

Lets simplify what you need from tires and apply what you need from weight distribution to operate your chassis so you can get the correct function/grip/bite from your tires. and ???? yes I'm thinking of taking this in a specific direction ... :)

that is if it's ok with the original poster? ??????

edit: the specific direction i'm thinking about would be a discussion about available grip and end up relating it to weight distribution. Who wants to go first? ... :)

If the tires are not biting enough to flex the chassis you'll never get any effect from the weight distribution, However even If they are the timing of the transfer has to work in harmony with the forces, this is where the set - up numbers and other settings come into play.

If the tires are not biting enough to flex the chassis you'll never get any effect from the weight distribution,

Exactly what I was thinking about in these terms:

I'm thinking there is a balance of how easy it is for the chassis itself to work; and your available grip(controlled via tires) and your available hp(which is limited).

Thinking further on it the limit of needed grip/bite from your tires is set by your available hp and your drivers skill in maintaining momentum. A tip of the balance scales towards needless use of grip by your driver anywhere on the track will reduce the over all 'set' ability of your tires to maintain momentum in a turn. Likewise any needless conflict for control of direction between tires because of incorrect setup or racing needs will also reduce the over all 'set' ability of your tires to maintain momentum in a turn. It makes the root causes for loss of momentum in a turn to be either caused by driving, conflict between tires for control of direction or racing needs. Racing needs are what a driver may need to do to gain a positioning advantage over another kart. Over all there "is" a limit to what you need for grip from your tires per your available hp. Any more grip from your tires then needed to control your available hp will cause you to become somewhat bound to the track.

More grip/bite, more bite/grip to go faster is fact. But there is a limit to the amount of grip you need per your available hp. That is so long as you don't have so much available hp that you can blow your tires off any time around the track. With those conditions your driver and their skills come more and more into play.

... maybe because this is all IMHO and ain't necessairly right anyway. ... :)

Exactly what I was thinking about in these terms:

I'm thinking there is a balance of how easy it is for the chassis itself to work; and your available grip(controlled via tires) and your available hp(which is limited).

Any more grip from your tires then needed to control your available hp will cause you to become somewhat bound to the track.
Which will result in a handling Issue !!

Overly bound to the track in anyway IMHO is a handling issue.

I'm guessing and hoping were in agreement on this?

Back