What is this?

I'm not sure why champ karts aren't mandated to use a proper racing seat anyway.... I had a fiberglass seat rip out in an impact once...
Right...... penalize everyone that mounts the seat correctly because 1 didn't?
Fiberglass seats are the proper seat for a champ.

I don't call safety details "penalties." By your logic, we shouldn't have to use wolff plates on brakes. Fiberglass kart seats were never designed or intended for belts.

Last edited:
I don't call safety details "penalties." By your logic, we shouldn't have to use wolff plates on brakes. Fiberglass kart seats were never designed or intended for belts.
But you are, you're wanting everyone who races a champ to change seats because you had a problem.
The seat doesn't hold the belts, and we have raced champs for almost as long as flat karts and have NEVER had a problem with the seat, but I dont buy cheap knock off seats either.
Where did I say we shouldn't run Wolfe plates?

Ted didn't quote you, Jamie -- He said "by your logic."

To his point, why would you be against anyone wanting to start a new series and establishing his own rules?
...and no, you didn't say that, I'm just following your logic, or lack thereof.
Heaven forbid, he may even want a tire rule. :eek:

Ted didn't quote you, Jamie -- He said "by your logic."

To his point, why would you be against anyone wanting to start a new series and establishing his own rules?
...and no, you didn't say that, I'm just following your logic, or lack thereof.
Heaven forbid, he may even want a tire rule. :eek:
Show me where he said any of what you stated? He said champs had the wrong seat
Now go pound rocks

I'm not sure why champ karts aren't mandated to use a proper racing seat anyway.... I had a fiberglass seat rip out in an impact once...
Here Brian, now show me where he was talking about just his series?
He included all champ karts.
Please provide a link to all these accidents where fiberglass seats are failing in champ?
It was his opinion, I state mine and im in the wrong? you butted in dont go speechless now

Here Brian, now show me where he was talking about just his series?
He included all champ karts.
Please provide a link to all these accidents where fiberglass seats are failing in champ?
It was his opinion, I state mine and im in the wrong? you butted in dont go speechless now

Just confused by your behavior is all.
Maybe you'd like to take you're little beef with me to private messages instead of wrecking this man's thread? Just sayin.'

I "butted in?" Excuse me? I replied to the OP on the same day that you did, AND I answered his question..

Jamie, read the title of the thread and the OP's post. Do I need to explain more?
You can see in another thread in this same section where Ted introduced his idea of running an LO206 champ series.
https://4cycle.com/karting/threads/lo206-champ.110445/#post-785982
I did not say that fiberglass seats fail across the board. (Proof that I did is up to the accuser, YOU in this case.)
When they do fail, it would be my guess that 90% of the time (or more) it's because they were incorrectly mounted.
Ted said that they can fail (and they do - again, see my possible explanation above.)
Are you both not entitled to your opinions?
This man wants to start a new champ series. He expressed a desire to use a different seat in this thread.
You stated that fiberglass seats are the proper seats for champs.
Is that a definitive answer or an opinion? Are aluminum seats not permitted currently?
By who's rules, who made that decision, and based on what data?

If Ted doesn't like fiberglass seats and further, wants to mandate a different seat for his new series, he can choose whatever seat he wants. There are certainly safer seats than fiberglass on the market.
WoO/DIRT has mandated stronger/heavier seats for 2020. Safety rules change for a reason. I see no problem in making our sport safer, nor do I see a problem with a series mandating a particular part for safety. We all have to run snell approved full face helmets, neck braces, gloves, Raceceivers, etc...Wolf plate was just one example that Ted gave. Those safety items weren't always the case. I ran plenty of races with an open face helmet back in the day. I am thankful for increased safety measures that have been mandated over the years.

I don't see anyone being "penalized" for choosing to run a series that mandates a different seat than is the norm.
We all choose to run different series that mandate different tires or different engines to conform to the rules already. What's the difference?
Don't like the different seat idea, don't run it.
You don't like the rules, don't run the series. Seems pretty simple to me.

I really do have better things to do with my time. I really do enjoy helping folks when I can...I'm pretty sure all this banter has not been helpful in case and time that I will never reclaim.

Back