What kart builder has the best customer service?

I've won a few race's this year. Won the local track championship. I have e-mail and left voice messages with the brand of kart builder i run. But, dang you would think they would reach out to us. Just random thought.

This will be a good thread as I am getting a new chassis this winter and want to know who has the best customer service. Also if you ask them a question and they don't get back to you put your question on the forum I bet someone will have the same question and someone will have an answer but it is also nice to have a chassis builder with good customer service.

It's poor customer service for them not to RETURN your calls, but unless you're a VERY big name, I wouldn't be expecting the phone to ring of its' own accord. One of the challenges of being a kart manufacturer is that they are a SMALL business, and you can't do it all at once. It's a small pond with little room for much overhead. PRC, Charger, Trick/Olympic,Kinetik,CKI will all probably give you a courteous and relatively prompt response during their normal business hours. For off-hours, you'll have to be a big name, have a private number of theirs, or get lucky, I'm guessing... Bob's is a good resource, as is doing your homework with lots of practice and testing and filling out a notebook. I don't mind asking for help when I'm out-to-lunch on something, but I want to know the why's so I don't have to ask again...

Last edited:
Agree with ya Ted, My kart builder is mention in your list. In our area dirt karting is really taking off this year! I was just trying to get them exposure around area. But no response from them. So i'll just be a "no name" chassis guy. lol

Hermie Sadler Karting has went of there way to help me when i was dealer with them. Wehad a kart that we thought got bent in shipping they sent a new kart and Austin banker to charger racing chassis and meet me there. Checked the kart over completely then re scaled me back out and everything they are top notch.

Agree with ya Ted, My kart builder is mention in your list. In our area dirt karting is really taking off this year! I was just trying to get them exposure around area. But no response from them. So i'll just be a "no name" chassis guy. lol
This is a big time of the year for chassis builders, so I know most are super busy getting ready to release 2022 karts.
As Ted says most kart manufacturers are very small in the terms of workers on hand.
And if it's the one I'm thinking of he doesn't really do emails, Facebook is better.
All the ones mentioned are national builders so their karts sell regardless

I'll throw my 2 cents in. I'm on a name brand chassis, and had few questions about set since my son is driving for me now, at lighter weight class. I reached out to them during normal business hours, put on hold then phone went dead. I know shops are busy, but customer service is a big part of the business. Sometimes it seems like if you're not buying a new chassis or a big name, they don't have time.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the chassis, even if it an older model, but I give up on their customer service. It's been a up and down year, but we see light at the end of the tunnel.
I will add this. I'm considering switching to a newer chassis. I reached out via messenger, to a small manufacturer in Virginia, who promptly replied to all my questions.
So, when it comes time to switch I know who I'm going with, and it not with someone who mass produces chassis, and the customer is just another dollar.
If you want to know names pm me.
Jmo.

After I moved away from the west coast, where we ran higher hp motors with treaded tires and more upright seats, I bought an older Ultramax intending to race in my new location. Luckily I went to a local track to watch before I brought my kart out. I saw immediately that I didnt know anything about the way karts are currently set up with slicks and low center of gravity so I called Ultramax to ask questions. The man I talked to was patient and very helpful even knowing I wasnt going to buy anything at that point. He explained a lot. Fast forward a few years and my adult son bought a different brand of kart, called the manufacturer for basic setup info and was met with you need to buy our new XXX kart and proceeded with a sales pitch and zero help with his current kart. When we get a new kart it will be an Ultramax and I wouldnt even buy a chain from the other manufacturer.

I've gave my opinion on who or what is the best threads before and don't respond directly naming who or what, but with that being said Slack and Ultramax is as good as it gets.

I'm local to Phantom and Charger, I've dealt with both. For the most part they answer the phone. My son races a PRC Scythe and they have baseline setup for all their karts on their page from Junior to Adult.

They've also helped me with understanding tires and some of the different tracks.

Honestly, maybe because my 8 year old is the racer, but everyone I've asked has been helpful. But you have to seek out the help, nobody is going to go to you looking to help you.

I've won a few race's this year. Won the local track championship. I have e-mail and left voice messages with the brand of kart builder i run. But, dang you would think they would reach out to us. Just random thought.
What exactly did you say with your messages? If it was that you had won races and a championship, they get tons of those, and may or may not respond. If it was a question concerning your championship or karting related, you should be getting a response.
When you say you left messages and e mails, the message of what you had left comes into play, as a question vs a statement is totally different in responding, and possible response time.

I got excellent customer service from both Ultramax and Millenium / Hi Tech when racing stock dirt oval classis, and Paul and his dad at MGM were great when racing asphalt sprint.

Back