what kart is this?

Guffman607

can anyone shed some light on this kart? picked her up two months ago my father in law thinks its a margay but i cant find info on the kart
any help i very much appreciated
kart front.jpg
Kart rear.jpg

If your asking only to look for base line set up info, are you going to race it ? on Dirt oval ? Which class and weight, Motor ? Tires ?

I have been racing locally in northwest Ohio
I run senior predator the weight requirement is 350, but to get my percentages I am way heavy and use ss33a Burris racing tires.

I have been racing locally in northwest Ohio
I run senior predator the weight requirement is 350, but to get my percentages I am way heavy and use ss33a Burris racing tires.
Your saying you have scaled it and you added a lot more weight than needed just to get your numbers ?
If so what were the numbers you used ? Camber settings ?
Dirt racing I assume ?

Dirt oval, yes I added a bunch of weight, my cross is 53.5 and my rear to rear is 57.5 me and the kart are almost a 100 lbs heavy.

Still no answer how much lead ( weight ) you added to the kart ? Where did you put it ? with your custom pill where is your camber ? did you do RF and LF ?
25/27 pounds of weight
9 on back of seat
8 on left side of seat
10 ish on back support bar behind seat
Left front on that pill and I have no clue the actual percent on camber (it was 6 degrees opposite due to a bent spindle)

I have more pictures to add. Also not a shadow talked to the guys at Sox racing
F47995F0-C6D9-48CE-A83C-B6BD194CAC62.jpeg

Attachments

• A802E8E5-B6F7-4D0B-BA1F-FA67574409AA.jpeg
    A802E8E5-B6F7-4D0B-BA1F-FA67574409AA.jpeg
    152.4 KB · Views: 21
Does not matter if it's a shadow or not based on he era of it, 55 percent left, 55 percent cross, 55 percent rear which is 45 percent front, 2.5 rf camber, .5 left front camber, I would straighten the spindle as best you can, if you had to add that much lead just to get close the seat placement is off, you don't want to run that much xtra lead just to get numbers you'll never be competitive.

Does not matter if it's a shadow or not based on he era of it, 55 percent left, 55 percent cross, 55 percent rear which is 45 percent front, 2.5 rf camber, .5 left front camber, I would straighten the spindle as best you can, if you had to add that much lead just to get close the seat placement is off, you don't want to run that much xtra lead just to get numbers you'll never be competitive.
so move seat and scale again? What should I do with the seat?

Provided I'm understanding correctly and you've added XTRA weight to just get your numbers, Yes move seat and re-scale Move seat to compensate where you added lead, looks like you added a good bite of it to the rear of the kart, So move it back will help off set that, you added to the left side so move seat left to off set that and so on, keep adjusting to you get it evened out.

Provided I'm understanding correctly and you've added XTRA weight to just get your numbers, Yes move seat and re-scale Move seat to compensate where you added lead, looks like you added a good bite of it to the rear of the kart, So move it back will help off set that, you added to the left side so move seat left to off set that and so on, keep adjusting to you get it evened out.
I am short so I might not be able to move it back much but I’ll try. what should be my numbers end up being all said and done?

I have re scaled the kart. New total weight and percents
Left 55.6
Cross 52.0
Rear 57.7
Total of 418
5-7 pounds of lead on the left side
Good chance rear is a little high now, but at least your not running all the xtra lead, try it with out knowing cambers 100 percent who know maybe it won't push, if it does you know rear is to high.

Back