What karts are Comparable to the MineCon/ Briggs LO206 Dirt Oval, for an 8 year old?

I live in the Charlotte, NC area. I’m still debating on flat kart or winged kart for my son. I have Phantom and Charger close by, I’m not sure of any else. I don’t want to buy new for his first kart, but something less then 5 years old. I’ve heard a lot of great things about the MineCon,I can do an outlaw conversion of I choose and it still would be a competitive chassis.

What other Chassis compete well with MineCon on Dirt? The tracks are a decent size, maybe 1/5 mile, Millbridge, Moutain Creek, Woodleaf, Iron City.

PRC and Charger are both good karts and both have good followings in karting. If you stay with flat kart, theres plenty of info on both karts and easily available. If you decide to go the wing route, PRC is the way to go.
Both karts are winning at the biggest races in the country at moment, and both companies have reputable people who can help you as well.

we've had great success with a triton jr! They don't make it any more but since you said you are buying used that would work out good.
You’re running a Triton Jr now? Phantom told me they wouldn’t be competitive with he MineCon. Then again I need him competitive at club level. If he shows me he really wants this, I’ll sell my street stock and buy him something new to race bigger races.

I live in the Charlotte, NC area. I’m still debating on flat kart or winged kart for my son. I have Phantom and Charger close by, I’m not sure of any else. I don’t want to buy new for his first kart, but something less then 5 years old. I’ve heard a lot of great things about the MineCon,I can do an outlaw conversion of I choose and it still would be a competitive chassis.

What other Chassis compete well with MineCon on Dirt? The tracks are a decent size, maybe 1/5 mile, Millbridge, Moutain Creek, Woodleaf, Iron City.
We just started my 7 year old nephew. From all the kids (except one) that I have seen, the chassis hasn’t mattered much, find a solid used ride for him, scale it, align it, go have fun

You’re running a Triton Jr now? Phantom told me they wouldn’t be competitive with he MineCon. Then again I need him competitive at club level. If he shows me he really wants this, I’ll sell my street stock and buy him something new to race bigger races.
Yes, we just raced liberty raceway, got pole in both jr1 class, and had a 3rd and a 1st in race, 2-3 of the competitors are on some sort of team I guess you can say, running the newest stuff out LTO. KINETIC, and i believe one PREMIER there, so id say if thosw 4 little black things are good and your driver is up to par then yes id say you could be competitive, now for a big day time race it could yield different results, unfortunately me and my son aren't at that type of level yet to be competitive at those type races, good luck on your decision.

Back