What kind of clutch is this? More importantly where can I find info on periodic maintenance.

Someone said Martin?
20210715_011441.jpg
20210715_011448.jpg

With the red basket, might be Diablo as well. There are MANY different clutches out there that come in a variety of different colors that are all pretty much the same. (Gator, Viper, Touch, etc.)
Maintenance will be very similar to what Bully recommends as far as cleaning and air gap, etc. As Earl mentioned, disregard the spring heights that Bully recommends as they use a different length spring and retainer nut. Air gap is set with different thickness floater discs (or you can use shims - Bully shims will not fit.)
Also, be sure to index/mark your clutch before (and during) disassembly so you don't mix up the orientation and direction of each metal plate. This is critical, especially if you are not having the plates machined.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I know this…those 4 tab discs might be a little less expensive than the 8 tab, but the 4 tabs can destroy a basket.

*replace the 4 tab with 8 tab

The stock springs are a "natural" color.

They are not painted, unless you get Yellow ones from MartinBuilt that are matched sets.

There is an .085" wire spring available that is shiny gold/orange color.

With the red basket, might be Diablo as well. There are MANY different clutches out there that come in a variety of different colors that are all pretty much the same. (Gator, Viper, Touch, etc.)
Maintenance will be very similar to what Bully recommends as far as cleaning and air gap, etc. As Earl mentioned, disregard the spring heights that Bully recommends as they use a different length spring and retainer nut. Air gap is set with different thickness floater discs (or you can use shims - Bully shims will not fit.)
Also, be sure to index/mark your clutch before (and during) disassembly so you don't mix up the orientation and direction of each metal plate. This is critical, especially if you are not having the plates machined.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
prob not the basket it came with, I know I change baskets and I always get the pretty colors LOL!

I watched a video on tires on youtube and the guy gave the best advice ive ever heard on prepping tires and your kart,which was just be consistentwith whatever your doing.whether its puttjng a new chain on ever 5 races or cleaning your clutch.just be consistent about it.and youll have consistent results.

I watched a video on tires on youtube and the guy gave the best advice ive ever heard on prepping tires and your kart,which was just be consistentwith whatever your doing.whether its puttjng a new chain on ever 5 races or cleaning your clutch.just be consistent about it.and youll have consistent results.
I know what you are talking about I think. Was it by a youtube named Kart6T3?

With Stock Springs and One Bolt/Nut Per Lever

0.440 3400 RPM

0.420 3600 RPM

0.400 3800 RPM

0.380 4000 RPM

0.360 4200 RPM

0.340 4400 RPM

Measure using a genuine Bully Brand Spring Height Gauge calibrated with the supplied Standard.

That is a Gator originally...….but any kart shop should have parts for them if needed.

Clean and maintain it just like a Bully or Vortex.
Great info here. Is there a similar chart for Stock springs but with two bolt/nut lever?
TYIA

As long as there is only a single bolt in the bully style levers there isn't a huge difference from the standard levers with the standard springs. Same linear change rpm wise to spring height, a .020 change in spring height is about 200 rpm.

Back