What kind of kart do I have??

Hoonigan

20190116_192105.jpg
20190319_011234.jpg

Do I have a good kart? I know phantom makes awesome stuff but for the age I guess is what I'm trying to say and is it going to be hard to scale?? I'm a beginner.

Got to find out what it is first. Once your sure of that I’m certain someone has some numbers that will get it in the ballpark.

Based on just that era of kart a balanced set up the old 55% deal then tweek it keeping the LF & RR with in 2 to 5 lbs of each other will be good base line, 55% left, 55% cross, 55% rear ( 45 % nose ), 2.5 RF neg camber, .5 LF pos camber looks like it may have pills to adjust camber.

Probably from the same time frame as a banshee but that's not a banshee though.
What makes you think that?

OP you can check the LR bearing hanger to see if anything is stamped in it. PRC stamped the banshee in this area. Mine is stamped and from what you posted of the orange one it looks identical, someone may of changed the spindles on yours

What makes you think that?

OP you can check the LR bearing hanger to see if anything is stamped in it. PRC stamped the banshee in this area. Mine is stamped and from what you posted of the orange one it looks identical, someone may of changed the spindles on yours
did they also change the way the waist is designed? that kart isnt a phantom, its from the late 90's thats for sure, but it isnt a banshee.
https://www.phantomchassis.com/chassis-all-banshee.html
Several companies built that same design, put the setup in it from above.

The Orange Kart is Definatly a Twister. I aquired one identical and it still had the decals of the raised tornado on it... I spoke with brian who made twister and he said its pre 1-1/4" tubeing so it should be 1-1/8" tubing and said a good starting point is low cross around 44% cross Nose around 55% and Left side about 58% kinda curious if you have had any luck with that chassis..

I was thinking Twister, that is what we ran from 95-98, but that front bumper doesn't look correct for some reason. I don't remember it looking like that. But, my memory isn't the best from those old karts.

Also either someone changed it or it's not a Twister. But, the brake caliper on the back side of the axle is definitely a little different. Could have been easily changed, but I know that isn't factory on a Twister.

Last edited:
Back