what kind of prep is this

strong08

I have been to several race tracks and have noticed a lot of people come to the grid with theirs wet with some kind of prep it looks as if the tires are wet from water I have tried several different preps and my tires are usually dry by the time I get to the grid would one know what they are using to accomplish this and what advantage would commingle to the grid with wet tires.

That would most likely be some good ol fashioned goat pee right there ;)

If it is, you put it on just before going to the grid so it doesnt have alot of time to soak in and ruin a set of tires, but still give you the bite you need. Works best when the track has moisture or is wet, but there are other times to use it

I do use goat and mine seems to evaporate kind of quick it could be they use a different kind of goat I don't know.

Mostly at dumplin valley and I went to dawgwood this past weekend I noticed a lot of people putting something on their else that was staying wet until they hit the grid.

As stated most likely a red prep with some sort of heavy oil or tranny fluid or something of that nature. Last time I was there a few years back most people had to shake their prep up before wiping.

Pink Panther (red prep) works great at Dumplin, and you can use it as a PRW.
Some guys are adding a splash of creo to their prep and you want it still wet when you hit the track.

You'd know goat if you smell it.

Thanks,
Brian Carlson

I just got a set of ht3 pinks and blues guy sent me some prep in two desperate bottles one says wet the other says dry does that mean prep the tires with the dry bottle if the track is dry and vice versa and also how long before race do I put this stuff on the tires and when storing should I put anything on them after I clean em up ?

bunk when and how is going to depend on the prep some you can put right on at the track some you have to coat during the week. so there is no good way to tell you how to use a product without knowing what it is and what you are trying to do with the prep. but I would assume that the wet is a bite builder like goat that you would use on a weter track and the dry is something that is more suited for dry dusty tracks like black sand. what color are they and do they have a certain scent to them . as Carlson said you will be able to tell goat just from the nasty smell. other will have a "flavored" smell to them to help you identify them.

Not knowing what the prep is there is no way to tell. The guy that sent you the prep would be the only that knows those answers. If it were me and I was unsure I would sit those bottles aside and get with a known prep program from somebody. that way you dont ruin your tires with unknown chemicals.

I have been to several race tracks and have noticed a lot of people come to the grid with theirs wet with some kind of prep it looks as if the tires are wet from water I have tried several different preps and my tires are usually dry by the time I get to the grid would one know what they are using to accomplish this and what advantage would commingle to the grid with wet tires.
Our prep is designed to be applied each time before going to grid and is best suited to be wet at grid to help fire the tire quicker....probably isn't my prep...but , just saying....

"...guy sent me some prep in two desperate bottles..."

Anyone else see the humor in this? ;) Gotta love spell-check.

To the poster -- not laughing at you -- laughing with you. :)
You need to get ahold of the guy that gave you the prep. That's the only way to know what it is and when it's best used.

Thanks,
Brian

Back