What octane fuel

I don’t promote anything. I just clearly stated that in these clone motors especially in the plate variety high octane is not needed extra oxygen is however. I don’t worry about either I got a pretty good lil’ wheel man!

No amount of octane will give you any, any advantage in racing. stock classes the lowest octane will give you more power.
There are additives that you can add to your fuel to get better performance, but any tester will show them, and all of the ones that I am aware of are highly poisonous, and make the exhaust Poisonous also. Plus it is just plain cheating.!!!
So just stick with whatever fuel they say to use and spend your time on setup. Once you understand the effects of Newtons laws of motion. And how they affect kart racing you will be a lot faster. Spend you money and time learning how to drive smoothly, setup is critical. Why do some guys, girls seem to win all the time. I will give you one clue, It is not the fuel or horsepower of the engine.
You will be amazed at some simple things, running the same pressure in all tires, more air in left side. running higher pressures on all 4 tires. a little more cross, a little less cross, More or less stagger. Experiment And you will learn a lot.
Or talk to Earl. or Track Tack. Or the people that built you chassis.
Or local kart shop. Todd at Palmetto speed shop or any of the many books written for kart racing.
Or hire a Tire/chassis guy to help you.
But forget about some secret fuel or oil. It just does not exist.

I don’t promote anything. I just clearly stated that in these clone motors especially in the plate variety high octane is not needed extra oxygen is however. I don’t worry about either I got a pretty good lil’ wheel man!
Your wheel man is your secret weapon!!! I will be his secret weapon is his setup and tire guy????

Send me a pm of what it is so I can test it. I tell you like I tell everyone else, don't tell me about it unless you can prove it. However, I do thank you for the last product you sent me to.

What’s the advantage of running 93 octane vs 87 ? Is there any advantage?
Octane is not a measure of a fuels performance, it's a measure of how capable a given fuel is at resisting detonation. Detonation's primary cause is excessive heat and/or pressure. High octane fuel will run in a low compression engine, just not as fast as it would with low octane. As you raise the compression of the engine, like in a modified, you need more octane. Exactly how much would require some testing. If you had an EGT (exhaust gas temperature gauge) it would be very easy to test.

Octane = a measure of a fuel's ability to resist detonation.
Detonation = caused by excessive heat and/or pressure.
The higher the compression ratio, the higher the octane number should be to prevent detonation.
Compression = the "Holy Grail" in the pursuit of performance. Assuming all else is equal of course. And I'm not talking just about compression ratio, I'm talking about actually testing the compression pressure with a compression gauge. Get a good one!!

"Octane" a measure of a fuels ability to resist detonation. It adds no power, rather, it might take some power away, if you don't need it. Low compression engines, like the stock clone, run better on low octane regular gas. I had a 1993 Ford fuel injected V-6, low compression, ran really good on regular 87 octane gas.

I and another big name kart shop did testing on an additive that was mixed with non ethonol gas. We both found the same results. Lo206 was boosted by just shy of 1/4 h.p. with no change in timing or jetting. Unrestricted clone a blue plate clone was bumped up also with out changes. So, yes there is a reason to test for fuel
So should I just put it out there? Let everyone know how to make a 1/2 HP and beat the Digatron. Level the field for everyone and PO the others by spilling their secrets.

So should I just put it out there? Let everyone know how to make a 1/2 HP and beat the Digatron. Level the field for everyone and PO the others by spilling their secrets.
Please do! Not to cheat but to help us others properly call this out and expose the risk!

I really am thinking about. The consequnce is everyone will want to switch to methanol which is also easily cheated up, and has it's own problems. The only way to make it fair is a pump around.

What’s the advantage of running 93 octane vs 87 ? Is there any advantage?
The advantage to running high-octane fuel is; it resists detonation much better than lower octane fuel. This means you can have higher compression ratios. If you don't have "high compression", you don't need higher octane fuel. Octane is only a measure of a fuel's ability to resist detonation. It has nothing to do with power. In high compression engines, low octane fuel will detonate, it does this because of excessive heat and/or pressure. Fuel burns hotter in higher compression engines, thus, you need more octane to prevent the detonation. So it's not the octane giving you more power, it's the higher compression.

Back