What pipe is this and how long of flex do I need?

Brettm57

I have no idea what kind of pipe this is, but I want to run it on a stock Yamaha. Can anyone tell me what it is and how long of flex should I run with it? The only identifying marks I can find is a 2 . welded into it near the outlet. Here are a couple of photos:

Thanks for your help!

I would start at the factory setting of 10.5 from the edge of the piston. Looks like a PITTS pipe. Really similar to the G.E.M pipe. What is the diameter of the fattest part of the pipe?

Brian #89

I agree with JTRACER44, it is an old RLV2. we referred to them as the "two dot". We ran them around 9 3/4 for sprint racing.....Think I still have one in my pile of pipes.

It's been way over 3 years of broken promises kindly mail me the buller aero chassis stuff I paid for back then. I've been very quiet & patient. I paid for it & it's mine. Also the PCR I paid you for does not have all PCR guts. If I was told upfront that would have been a different. There's no possible excuse for Adams 2011 until now un-delivered or finding out what was inside upon rebuild years later.

IT is RLV pipe. 9 1/4 to 10 1/4

CHRIS woods

It's been way over 3 years of broken promises kindly mail me the buller aero chassis stuff I paid for back then. I've been very quiet & patient. I paid for it & it's mine. Also the PCR I paid you for does not have all PCR guts. If I was told upfront that would have been a different. There's no possible excuse for Adams 2011 until now un-delivered or finding out what was inside upon rebuild years later.

There was a small box with 2 rear hubs 2 bearing hangers one brake hub, THATS IT CHRIS.I WENT TO CALI, YOU COME TO PHOENIX and get them if you want them.the THE PCR WAS AN OPEN MOTOR,YOU KNEW THAT,IT DOESN'T HAVE TO HAVE ALL PCR PARTS.ALL YOU ARE IS TROUBLE CHRIS; I HOPE EVERY ONE ON HERE SEE'S THAT

Jt and his buddies in the Phoenix area are some pretty stand up people!!!! You can ship them parts and get a ck later, or if you buy from them, it's all good!

thats funny.... any day for you buddy,, ric, lost your number, pm me with it, or give me a call 602-741-7893

ohhh, i forgot to ask, how many karts ya want???

Brett, any results?

I forgot all about this thread! Vintagequest, I went with 9 3/4" of header and it ran pretty good at Avon, NY. I didn't try any other lengths. By the time I got the kart handling the way I wanted and then got my act together driving - it's been 27 years since the last time I drove a kart - the weekend was over. Unfortunately that's the only time I've raced it. I did manage to lead my second heat right up until about a lap and a half to go, and went wide in a turn letting the second place guy get by me, so I settled for second. Not bad for an old fart!

Gentlemen: I know I'm a new guy here, but would you fellows mind settling your dispute via personal message rather than use my thread? Thank you.

Back