What PSI compression

Baja423

196cc baja. Only getting about 30-60 psi compression. I believe its suppose to be up near 100 psi. Just wondering what the psi is suppose to be compression wise and if changing the valve lash is the best option.

Set the valve lash at .003 hard to pull but I can but doesn't start. Is it possible for it to be 180 out of time. I just lined up the 2 dots is that all there is timing wise just trying to get this thing to start

Also, when you set the lash make sure the exhaust rocker isn’t on the compression release. You’ll see the rocker push the exhaust valve open ever so slightly. Set the lash when the piston is at top dead center, and both valves are completely closed.

Have you had flywheel off at all? Could have slipped?
No never had the flywheel off. I'll probably take it back apart just didnt know what's causing it. It ran fine then took govenor off and now it wont start. I checked the timing twice and its correct and set the valves 3 different times and it's getting gas and spark. One of those things

Try to set the intake lash to 0.006”, and the exhaust to 0.008”. That is what the Baja owners manual recommends.
Took the cover off lined up to tdc both dots lined up set the valves at what was mentioned and it shows 0 compression. Now I loosen them a decent amount and it shows about 80 compression but no start

Back