What size rimwhat size

bullerman

What size rim should a Burriss 11 x 7 x 5 be mounted and about what roll out should I get? Going to mount 12 x 8 x 6 on the right side. Read i may have to run a 5" on the left rear for stagger.

I haven't bought one yet. Now i run 12 x 8 x 6 but in narrow rims. Right rear rolls out 37 1/2and left rear 36 1/2 . The stagger is ok. The right front rolls out about 36 1/2 also. It is also a 12 x 8 x 6. I want to put the 12 x 8on the 10" rims on the right so i will have about the same roll out on the right. I know it will be more than slicks. Not sure what to do about the left rear though. That is qhy i was wondering about running a 5" on the left rear and hopefully having around 3/4 " stagger. I don't believe I could use the 11 x 7.5 x 6. I think I would have reverse stagger.

I tried that once and it was a pain to mount, would come loose on the wheel (unbeaded) unless it had plenty of air and on top of that I didnt get enough stagger to make it worthwhile. A 5 inch rain tire would serve you better.

Best i could do was run 11/6/6 .
Live with the stagger .
Running a slick on there might work.

Last edited:
No need to run a 5" wheel. Sizing treads is a real pain, but with enough effort, heat, and time, you can get close(r.)
Resizing those right sides will be the bigger chore. Once a tire has taken a size (especially Hoosiers) they tend to migrate back to that size.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Wish track owner would just let us groove a set of slicks. That would help. Don't know if that would be an advantage or not. Would help as far as getting stagger close I guess.

Wish track owner would just let us groove a set of slicks. That would help. Don't know if that would be an advantage or not. Would help as far as getting stagger close I guess.
You've got to get away from those big tires if you are legally allowed to. It's entirely too much tire for under-powered karts.
If they don't spec the tires, then we've got a small treaded tire package that will have right side roll-outs @ 34" just like slicks and what every flat kart was built for. So much easier to get stagger right when you start with the right size tires.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I am hoping we get back to our Box Stock class with grooved tires this year. Last year it got messed up. They started running the Ducar and Reaper tires in the class. Some people didn't want to do that and it messed the class up.
I wish we would run DNQ treaded tire rules. We would have a lot of stagger but everyone would have the same thing. Our Box Stock Predator rules you could run any grooved tire.
I hope we can get the class back. It suited me perfect.
I will have to buy a new set of tires. I don't know if I will go with Burris or Hoosiers.

I am hoping we get back to our Box Stock class with grooved tires this year. Last year it got messed up. They started running the Ducar and Reaper tires in the class. Some people didn't want to do that and it messed the class up.
I wish we would run DNQ treaded tire rules. We would have a lot of stagger but everyone would have the same thing. Our Box Stock Predator rules you could run any grooved tire.
I hope we can get the class back. It suited me perfect.
I will have to buy a new set of tires. I don't know if I will go with Burris or Hoosiers.
Imo the tracks in Louisiana be hard to do the dnq tire rules, they take samples every race and that cost $250 to test a sample. Tracks been having issues with pred since the day they came out, one track use to “seal” them another sealed there own motors and then sealed motors. To me mandate clones and do away with the class.

Back