What spark plug

Autolite, not Motorcraft. You are right. I tried the 2414 and worked though tempbwise the 2413 worked better on alky. Anyway a mild built piston port JICA might not be so picky on plug I guess.

Why not use the Champion N2C the motor calls for. All I have ever used, well I tried some of the others mentioned fouled them out and always went back to the Champion.

Kelso

Blendzall Green is the best. Never had to add any chemicals to it even at 25 degrees as long as it is shaken up and mixed. I do also like Red Line due to the fact that it won't separate. I'm talking about gas.

Thank you Don K for the tip of mixing an ounce of Marvel in fuel for color. Hard to tell if my Maxima 927 is in there or not. I really should have known.

I have used Blendzall Green and Klotz Super Techniplate but though I have always been very found of Blendzall products I have to admit on my open 2 cycle I prefer the Klotz and seems to show less separation issues under cold weather.

Hey Al how about "Blendzall Gold Label"
Doesn't that have nitro in it?
When I was running the Mac, I started out using green label, but found indications of excessive heat on the rod and crank, actual discoloring so I switch to super Klotz, it's a synthetic with 20% castor, and the excess heat problem went away.
When we started running the KT we stayed with the super Klotz. Later, because we started using the EGT, and could run much leaner, super Klotz would cook and seize the ring in the ring groove. We never had that problem with green label. And I'm not the only one that had that problem. Other people, tuning with the EGT, to my instructions, found the same thing.
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome

Back in the late '70's we dyno'd a blueprinted Mac and also a K-88 open, each with one test with Blendzall Green and then Blendzall Gold Label. Strangely, we got the same numbers on both engines with the green as we did with the gold. Main difference: The gold ran quite a bit hotter.

The 2413 should be good on alky if you can find some.
to
IMHO Ditto with rainman Autolite 203's same same as rainman. JMHO - alot is going is going to depend on ur compression ratio/combustion cc's but with the retracted tip u r good to go. In a pinch u might try the cold marine mercury 2 stroke outboard engine plugs . Don't hesitate to possibly investigate #cc's but no matter u'll need to run 1 to 2 step colder plug than petrol. INMO Ditto with Shadow & DonK on oils & their oil methods. A piston port is "generally" a piston port (i.e. yammi, JICA, TKM 82, HPV etc..) & respond like in kind. "The Farmer" is probably the or one of the very fastest builder of Yammi's in the USA, albeit not cheap they're all crazy fast. So the JICA being a PP, I had him build me a JICA with a $250 port job & I clobber 32hp stock 100cc reeds & 100c. c rotory's with pipes/carbs & 28hp 125cc wet tags on the straights & corners. I'm about dead even with a stock DD Sudam with a 28mm carbe on petrol. Its a cash cow money making grudge race pp 100cc sleeper that will runs almost every weekend all year long without a rebuilds. LOL the j/s helps and a few other tricks LOL Love busten up those TAGs

Tip: If you can't remember if you put Blendzall Green into the methanol spill a little over your fingers and you can feel the oil. If it is dry, no oil.

DK

Tip: If you can't remember if you put Blendzall Green into the methanol spill a little over your fingers and you can feel the oil. If it is dry, no oil.

DK

Or run it and check what happens...More expensive but you will know, lol.

No Al not Nitro but Toluene (aka - Toluol)
Doesn't that have nitro in it? When I was running the Mac, I started out using green label, but found indications of excessive heat on the rod and crank, actual discoloring so I switch to super Klotz, it's a synthetic with 20% castor, and the excess heat problem went away.
When we started running the KT we stayed with the super Klotz. Later, because we started using the EGT, and could run much leaner, super Klotz would cook and seize the ring in the ring groove. We never had that problem with green label. And I'm not the only one that had that problem. Other people, tuning with the EGT, to my instructions, found the same thing.
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome

Correction 24mm carbe. Also u might try mixing ur own custom mix like 50/50% bean & synthetic green blenz & the tablespoon of MM oil.
to
IMHO Ditto with rainman Autolite 203's same same as rainman. JMHO - alot is going is going to depend on ur compression ratio/combustion cc's but with the retracted tip u r good to go. In a pinch u might try the cold marine mercury 2 stroke outboard engine plugs . Don't hesitate to possibly investigate #cc's but no matter u'll need to run 1 to 2 step colder plug than petrol. INMO Ditto with Shadow & DonK on oils & their oil methods. A piston port is "generally" a piston port (i.e. yammi, JICA, TKM 82, HPV etc..) & respond like in kind. "The Farmer" is probably the or one of the very fastest builder of Yammi's in the USA, albeit not cheap they're all crazy fast. So the JICA being a PP, I had him build me a JICA with a $250 port job & I clobber 32hp stock 100cc reeds & 100c. c rotory's with pipes/carbs & 28hp 125cc wet tags on the straights & corners. I'm about dead even with a stock DD Sudam with a 28mm carbe on petrol. Its a cash cow money making grudge race pp 100cc sleeper that will runs almost every weekend all year long without a rebuilds. LOL the j/s helps and a few other tricks LOL Love busten up those TAGs

Yeti Tip #1: If you can't remember sit down then pour yourself a shot of good Russian Vodka & drink with purpose, then PM me on how it worked. Yeti Tip #2: If you still can't remember repeat Yeti Tip #1 as needed until you can remember. *** Warning *** if after multiple attempts of Yeti Tip#2 are still unsuccessful disregard PM'ing me as you won't remember to anyway! LOL ;p

DK

No Al not Nitro but Toluene (aka - Toluol)
How do you know that; if you don’t mind me asking? I went to the Blendzol site and they don’t say.
Strange, one quart of Gold Label contains 6oz of Castor. How does that work?
I asked a question and you said no. Still, no documentation. Documentation would be nice. Or just a reason why you know that.
I have a bad habit of questioning a response of “because I said so”. My mother and I had long arguments about that response.
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory.

Btw, I have an old cross reference plug chart , that lists a 203 same as a 2414. As for them new,(old) , multi ground electrode, if they don't use it in NHRA top fuel, it ain't worth my time. I saw ads for them back in the 50's, just another gimmick.

Last edited:
Back