What spark plug

I am running a parilla JICA piston port motor on alky what plug should I run? Will this differ from the time of year?

I run NGK's in my alky Yammis, BR10EIX, onwarmer days and BR9EIX for cooler days. I would rather use a Motorcraft 2413 but Yammi ign. isn't as good as others.

We run the the NGK Iridiums and are very happy with them. They are a little pricey but they last.

Jack,

It was an Autolite 2413 for ALKY.....and the last 9 plugs just left for Daytona.

I have exhausted the supply of Autolite 2413's that remained in Distribution. They are NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

I do have 1,300 of the 2414 left though ;)

Mike

jACK. YOU ARE RITE! I HAVE USED THEM FOR ALKY AND USE THEM IN MY KACKLEFEST CARS, YOU KNOW ,BLOWN FUEL!!?? WORKING ON A AA/FA RESTORATION NOW FOR THE REUNION. WILL SEND WARMERS SHORTLY.PD WANTS SOME FOR HIS BED! 6 IN SNOW LAST NITE!

I run the 2413 and 2414's all year long and been doing it for years. The 14 is slightly hotter, but if carbs are fat enough they will act just like a 13.

You can also use the Nippendenso w31en retracted electrode.

One other question. What would be a decent oil to run with alky? I have been told benzal green but want to see if there's something else out there

One other question. What would be a decent oil to run with alky? I have been told benzal green but want to see if there's something else out there
I think you mean “Blendzol” castor oil. People have been using it since the start of karting.
Comments, compliments, criticisms and questions always welcome.

Blendzol Green Label is a great oil to mix with methanol. We always added an ounce of Marvels to give it some color. We also put a tablespoon of MM down the spark plug hole after purging.

DK

I am a fan of Klotz benol' and also use Blendzall green label. Either one 8:1 ratio, but the klotz could use 2oz. Of acetone when weather turns colder, helps as a binding agent. Marvel mystery oil is also a great trick...long live the power plant!

Back