What Tire Setup for Sprint/Road style Dirt Track?

BBaxx

Hey guys, I recently found a local 1 mile dirt track (road/rally course style). I’m wondering what size tires you all think would be best? One long straight, 3 hairpin turns etc. They wouldn’t allow my treaded tires the first time I went out so I was forced to use some nearly new asphalt tires. I was struggling to say the least. Also, for the time being I am using my offset kart. Any suggestions in general would be appreciated. Thank you

It's my understanding, in Australia, they race that style of track all the time. Kart pulse has people from Australia on their board.

Definitely need a dirt slick, but if their running during the day and the track is taking on rubber, your gonna want a harder compound then if running at night with moisture coming up like a good clay track will do. Al, your right about Australia, I built a Stock app. KT for a dirt road course down under that ran direct drive. At that time , hundreds of SA KT's showed up for the big races in Adelaide, in southern Australia.

Hey guys, I recently found a local 1 mile dirt track (road/rally course style). I’m wondering what size tires you all think would be best? One long straight, 3 hairpin turns etc. They wouldn’t allow my treaded tires the first time I went out so I was forced to use some nearly new asphalt tires. I was struggling to say the least. Also, for the time being I am using my offset kart. Any suggestions in general would be appreciated. Thank you

As soft of dirt slicks as you can get. It also wouldn't hurt to get a bit more ground clearance (34+" tires.)

BTW, I couldn't help but notice you're from our area - I'm in Lafayette every day. :)
Our shop is located in Linden, just south of Lafayette.
We've had a number of backyard tracks in the area over the years, but I wasn't aware of a large road course one.
If you guys ever need anything - keep us in mind!

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back