What to look for. Tall man

Cliferton

Ok so I have decided I want to get a kart. I'm 6'4" and about 270, but I can work on that part a little lol. So I have some racing experience over the past 8 years but none in karting. As far as a chassis goes what do. Need to look for. From what I saw at the track and what people had time to talk to me while they were racing the wedge kart would be what to run for my size. And it's basically just body panels. So what chassis and mods for someone my size. Ian going to start out second hand how old is to old of an chassis to competive on a local level

My son is 6'7" 240#--we have used nothing but Phantom products for 20 years. Our Triton has full body work on it and our Icon has separate nose and side panels(saves a slight amt of weight) which we run on some of the little bull rings. I would look for a used kart no more than 5 years old. Lay your seat down the max as you will have a high center of gravity. John Elliott

Ok so I have decided I want to get a kart. I'm 6'4" and about 270, but I can work on that part a little lol.
all those body panels just add weight. At the speeds a kart travels at, streamlining, (bodywork) has very little effect on the speed of the kart. The body panels, in some people's thinking, adds to the experience of racing. They add little or nothing to the speed of the kart. Someone your size, I would think, would be more worried with the weight they add. If you like the looks, do it, but do it because you like the looks, not because it's gonna make you faster. It isn't.

From the desk of Al Nunley
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory. (Al Nunley)

Back