What wheel width do i need

Lawrence1

Im new to Karting so need help on what wheel width do I need for 11x6 and 10.5x4.5 tires going to be doing backyard racing so dirt but not oval I'm going to have 6 wides for rear and 4.5 for fronts but confused on wheel width getting douglas wheels

Yes I have a legit kart it's a ultramax I put a new predator ghost motor on it I put the castor and camber back to neutral as I could and slid rear axle over and moved everything to the right to be more even because on our homemade track were not doing a oval

Have you got actual racing go kart hubs?
Yes I have a legit kart it's a ultramax I put a new predator ghost motor on it I put the castor and camber back to neutral as I could and slid rear axle over and moved everything to the right to be more even because on our homemade track were not doing a oval

If you also have right hand turns you don't need three of anything. 10 inch rears and 6 inch fronts should serve you well.

^ IF that.
General rule is 1" wider on wheel than tire for pavement set-ups, but when you go on loose dirt backyard tracks, it can be advantageous to stand the tire up taller (narrower wheel) and gain sidebite. A lot is determined by how much grip the track creates (loose dirt vs moist compacted clay, etc.)
That being said, 5" fronts and 6 1/2" rears would be "normal" if you can call it that.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

^ IF that.
General rule is 1" wider on wheel than tire for pavement set-ups, but when you go on loose dirt backyard tracks, it can be advantageous to stand the tire up taller (narrower wheel) and gain sidebite. A lot is determined by how much grip the track creates (loose dirt vs moist compacted clay, etc.)
That being said, 5" fronts and 6 1/2" rears would be "normal" if you can call it that.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
I'm looking at the wheel sizes on douglas website what does the "n" mean on their wheel size sheet

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230124_180738_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230124_180738_Chrome.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 25
Funny thing b is next too n on a keyboard .
The chart looks like someone fat fingered the Data .
Best too verify before purchase .

Back