what would be a good tillotson carb for methanol on 212?

Nickp

I have a stock appearing non hemi 212 with billet rod and flywheel, ported head, mod 2 cam, bored stock carb and open header. I would like to try to run it in the opens. What would be a good tillotson to run this thing on methanol?

I've done real well with using the NRRacing 390 carb conversion kit for alcohol, the smaller of the 2 bore sizes they offer. I use them on a hemi and non hemi motors I have and theyre fast and if properly flushed after using, trouble free. I also have 2 animals with 304's on them, both are fast, but both take some tweaking to work well each week.

Mike97760, Which exact NR Racing carb kit for the Predator 212 engine are you referring to? One that sells for $92.99, set up for Methanol with 21 mm carb bore, 15 deg Mount? Thanks! Mark

Mike97760, Which exact NR Racing carb kit for the Predator 212 engine are you referring to? One that sells for $92.99, set up for Methanol with 21 mm carb bore, 15 deg Mount? Thanks! Mark
The smaller of the two, I believe. I think the bigger one is noticeably more expensive. I bought a motor with this setup and was really happy with it so I keep buying the same one.

I ordered a 28mm Mikuni from Brian Carlson for an animal, mostly because I'm tired of constantly having to tweak the Tilly 304 at each track. Hope to see it soon, I will let you know how it does.

Back