What would you do

Krakkergreg

Last night seen a terrified kid in a JR class come across the scales,not an unusual thing to see while I was teching the fuel I was waiting on kid to replace his fuel cap dear old Daddy was intently talking to kid and holding him closely using his hands to describe the on track situation of 2 karts side by side it appeared to me.Well ol Daddy back hands the kid in the face kid was wearing his helmet I know what I did and I wonder if it was correct.Old Daddy is over 300 lbs about 5-9 or so kid is about 2 1/2foot tall maybe 75 lbs?

Print this out and staple it to the fathers chest

Attachments

• only just a kid.jpg
    only just a kid.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 162
Had that happen at a track we ran years ago-track officials did not see the incident but other folks in the pits told us-the guy got loaded up and gone before we could stop him--we sent a registered letter to him requesting he not return.

Bob Day,I really wanted to I asked the kid if did he got beat on much you could tell he probably did.I did hesitate on some reactions that would be my first reaction simply cause I feared what consequence the kidd would pay for my reaction but I feel like more needs done.

Sir Gregggg ..... There is "Father's" and there is " Father Want To Be" ... "Father's" love and respect their children ..."Want to be fathers" love when their children do only as they say even if it's Right or Wrong .....
ig, Police and witnesses said Farzana Iqbal, 25, was murdered by her own father outside a court building on Tuesday because she had married a man of her own choosing, instead of a cousin they had selected for her.
Yappy father's day ....

what u should have done is called the law they are paid to handle 300 pds of butt hole what I would have done is slapped him up side his head

Has anybody even thought about reaching out too this 'ap-parent' child beater/molester etc etc by saying..."hey, can I talk w/you for a minute or so?" too get a sanity check on him BEFORE you turn him into Criminal #1 and making 'their' family life worse than it may already be? If people (today) would accept a feeling of responsibility (to a point) rather than just being 'rats'....I believe they/we wouls feel a whole lot better! Yes.... I seen this type of 'thing' happen before, and...I HELPED! JMO

well. to start with,,, track owner needs to be notified i would think. 2nd, a conversation needs to be had with father, track owner, and you (the person who saw it).3rd, I would have to say a period of suspension needs to be handed down, even though it would also punish the kid unfortunately. but would also show the child that it is unacceptable. and may prevent it from being passed on as it is in most cases, a child who grows up seeing things we most agree isn't right does not see it as wrong since it is the norm for them. lastly CPS or law enforcement should be notified to ensure it is investigated and the child is safe in the home environment unfortunately. that would be the proper way i would think.

was you at paradise,, we were going to run over and watch,, but Andy said there was a small crowd. so we went to a dinner and a movie date,, we watched a 1000 ways to die in the west,, a good choice.

What a terrible thing. You have to wonder if it was a one off deal committed out of frustration, drinking, or just a bad day. If the kid looked terrified on the scales it probably wasn't a one time deal, the kid knew what was coming. If the feeling and belief was this type of abuse occurred regularly I think I would have gotten Child Protective Services involved and let them decide it the situation warranted police involvement. As for the father being 300 lbs I'm sure there were enough good fathers there to handle that part if need be.

in today's world one has to be careful who they approach. One never knows if the person being approached is carrying a weapon. Best situation be too turn the incident over to the track officials and let them handle it through their means. I also would be very tempted being a retired educator to approach the big guy no matter how big he is but now a day I would be hesitant because of not knowing the mentality of that type of individual or possibly what you might be on.

Two wrongs never make a right!! Macho behavior can never be tolerated in a civilized society. Anybody who thinks that hitting the father would resolve the situation, is wrong!! Escalating a bad situation only makes it worse. If you're one of the ones that thinks more violence would cure the situation, maybe it's you that need some counseling.

Banning them from the track only pushes the problem down the road and out of sight. It does nothing to protect the young boy, in fact, it punishes the young boy for his father's actions.

Calling family protective services would be a much more measured action.

From the desk of Al Nunley
Comments compliments criticisms and questions always welcome.
If the data does not support the theory, get a new theory.
(Al Nunley)

I psoted something above also, "But"i was thinking all who was there and did noting, is also guilty, you should have done something. ig talk to the big fella maybe it's not what we thinking .......????
Who knows ............................

At the very least, I would have to let the fella know that that type of behavior isn't to be tolerated at the track. Getting neck deep into a situation like this is a very touchy one to say the least. Many parents get very resentful toward you if you step into what they feel to be their own business. I would report to the track owner/promoter and request a conversation with the father in a manner to express the concerns in a way such not to elevate further irrational thoughts and behavior.

Okay I did confront the father immediately in a matter that he knew I meant to call him out on his behavior and some of what I said to him I should not have.There was more than myself that did witness this.Track owner was notified.personally I would not get CPS involved this could be a onetime deal and the guy is seeing every comment posted,I think he will get the message he has made contact with me and were gonna talk.I have no intention of hurting his kid and banning, barring or reporting is only gonna screwup the kid he seeen his daddy called out and bullied back so he knows that its wrong,thanks for everyone that posted I have been pondering what was needed and everyone that posted you really spoke to him if hes got a brain big as a chickens

If the child looked terrified coming across the scales was it something that happened on the track or fear of his father's reaction? That's what needs to be determined. If he's afraid of his father there's a reason and there should be a measured response for the benefit of the child. His father could just be a big bully that yells & screams but would never hurt the child. I believe it was said he hit the helmet and not the child's face. On the other hand it could be a lot worse and a small child has no chance against a 300lb bully. Probably same for the mother. If I got the feeling the child's fear was of his father I would have erred on the side of safety for the child and called CPS. A CPS investigation is not the end of the world and it's not automatic the child will be removed from the home. CPS will investigate and take appropriate action ranging from nothing if all is well up to removing the child if the situation warrants it. At the very least it can be a wake up call to the parents.

I'm divorced and years ago I found out my ex was leaving my teenage daughter home alone on weekends while she went out on dates with men. I called her on it and told her it was unacceptable and she told me to mind my own business as she was a better parent than I was and it was nothing to worry about. The next time it happened I called CPS and they got the message through to her and it never happened again.

Okay I did confront the father immediately in a matter that he knew I meant to call him out on his behavior and some of what I said to him I should not have.There was more than myself that did witness this.Track owner was notified.personally I would not get CPS involved this could be a onetime deal and the guy is seeing every comment posted,I think he will get the message he has made contact with me and were gonna talk.I have no intention of hurting his kid and banning, barring or reporting is only gonna screwup the kid he seeen his daddy called out and bullied back so he knows that its wrong,thanks for everyone that posted I have been pondering what was needed and everyone that posted you really spoke to him if hes got a brain big as a chickens

Sounds to ME like you handled the situation in a proper manner.

Back