What's a good used road course chassis?

Most adult 2cycle chassis are hard to mount a laydown seat in for multiple reasons and the rear cross bar sometimes will not clear the sprocket. Also they usually have more caster built in and now most come with a 50mm axle

My MGM is a chassis built for 4 cycle classes and I agree with Gary. I actually had some several 2 cycle chassis and it wasn´t worth to modify them to set a 4 cycle engine. Added to that most times you are faster on an American chassis built for a 4 cycle class. It would be a different story if you would want to race 4 cycle classes. If I sell mine it has several sets of wheels/tires and many other extras, including several shoe clutches I can add to the package for no extra money.

Stay with "Stock" class motors..either LO206 OR BSP clone..WKA has a newer GAS Animal class also...modified or stock appearing classes in sprint racing are few & far between...

I"ve got an Arrow 4s for sale. The kart is very nice with less than 10 outings on it. Can sell it turn key with a clone on it or will sell it as a roller. Contact me at cranknpiston(AT)yahoo(dot)com

Most likely, I'm going to try my luck on my offset karts first and see how we fare.
It will definitely be American if I buy anything.
What tires do guys mostly run at whiteland and a few SIRA races... I know tires vary from track to track, I'm just looking for something that's kind of like a "all purpose" set , something that will just get me in the ballpark.

I have a CRG in great shape, new rear brakes, BRAND NEW Dunlops....mag wheels, 2 sets bodywork. $600. Burris makes a nice 4 cycle jackshaft that will handle any conversion issues needed, and some Euro chassis work with no issues without a jackshaft.

I use YLC's whenever I go down to whiteland. Also ran the Mayor's Cup with YLC's but the SIRA guys had every tire known to man, and the offset karts were for sure fast there, the 2 right hand turns were very slow. If they run Whiteland clockwise when you go there I suspect you might be in trouble due to the fact that it is almost all right hand turns in that direction, especially all the fast ones. Going counter clock wise it would be the exact opposite.

Not all chassis work/drive the same for everyone.....find/test/drive what feels comfortable and fits your driving style....no matter where its made!

Back