whats inside prep

I don't have a problem with tires, or winning races. The guy did seem to take a couple of those suggestions seriously and id just hate to see someone junk some tires just because a few people thought it was funny to give him suggestions like that and be an ***. Cant always tell when reading a post whether someone is serious or not though, I can understand having some fun and making jokes, but not when it can potentially cost someone hundreds of dollars worth of tires. Sure ill probably get some crap for what I said but I couldn't care less about that honestly.

Obviously this guy, kartboy, seems to be probably an adolescent 13-15 year old without a clue and is going to try some home brews. Virtually every post prior to the jokes was a WARNING about damaging tires and store bought preps are what they are for a reason. I gave him as honest an answer as anyone will. Everything does something different. It's up to him to decide, against all the knowledge and warnings posted, to buy prep or ruin tires. So don't pin someone else's ignorance and arrogance on the rest of us. You getting but hurt only puts you in the same class as him. So put your big girl panties on and chuckle with the rest of us or don't and whine some more

Kartboy is in his mid to upper 20's and has tons of racing experience in karts. He has been racing a long time and is just wanting to pay less for the thing you use the most of if I had to guess.

"5. Milk actually does bond with Calcium Chloride."

Great information i'm sure most on here would have never thought of. Very interesting and thank you for posting it. But my mind wanders off on new stuff and causes me to always seem to have questions about new things learned.

I assume the calcium chloride is on the track. How do you get or what can you mix milk with so it will bond to rubber? And that caused me to think the following next. In stead of looking at making milk applied to the tires bond with the track, might mixing milk with calcium chloride stick to tires when applied and increase grip especially on a track that has put down calcium chloride?

That immediately reminded me of a milky colored substance, which when applied to the tires made them feel extremely slick. But when I commented about how slick the milky colored substance was on the tires, I surprisingly was told it's slick now but on the track it will increase grip/bite.

Really Paul???

Ugh...

Calcium Chloride is used in cheese making. It draws moisture and calcium from the milk allowing the fats and proteins to work better in the process for soft cheeses.

It's NOT for tires!!!

Really Paul???

Ugh...

Calcium Chloride is used in cheese making. It draws moisture and calcium from the milk allowing the fats and proteins to work better in the process for soft cheeses.

It's NOT for tires!!!

Ok and thank you.

A lot of the home made prep help left when the forum was hacked. I wish I had wrote some of it down. JWD shared a lot of great stuff. He appears to of moved onto bigger and better things now, Or the dark side depending on what side of the fence you are on.

Secrets in today's world are harder to keep! If you truly want to know what's in a prep send it off and have it analyzed!! But unless you are buying in quanity still cheaper to purchase a proven product.

thanks James I was just trying to find out what would be something to put on tires to that would work ok but not cost so much then some started with im going to bankrupt all the prep guys then I just went with all their dumb jokes
Kartboy is in his mid to upper 20's and has tons of racing experience in karts. He has been racing a long time and is just wanting to pay less for the thing you use the most of if I had to guess.

OK, I know I shouldn't, but I'm going to tell what most prep guys are keeping to themselves. This may make a lot of people mad, but it needs to be put out there since folks really want to know what is in these preps.

There are very few basic preps out there that most rely on depending on the track conditions, but where they are found may be somewhat surprising:

- Medium bite situations require use of Happy Jack flea and tick dip. This can be found at your local veterinary supply store or Southern States, etc. If the track gets a little dry slick as the night goes on, just a capful of the Happy Jack shampoo in a 16 oz. bottle helps a lot.

- When a more agressive outside prep is required, Vicks 44 cough syrup is the go-to prep. This can be cut as-needed with Welch's (WHITE) grape juice. The regular will not mix well with Vicks and leaves a slick, almost greasy surface on the tire and won't go in well.

- For inside preps, the Vicks 44 works well, but cut 70/30 with common mineral oil in order to prevent drying out the tire over time.

Well, there you have it kartboy. Like Jack Nicholson said in that movie, I'm not sure you can HANDLE the truth, but you asked for it...

Dont forget Elmer's glue. Spread all over tire let get hard peel it off race day. 🤐

Back