Whats the BEST?

The Bully Clutch is a ever continuing refinement of a clutch originally designed and manufactured by Gil Horstman before 99% of today's current racers where born. It is pretty much the most popular clutch out today. And many more people are working to refine and improve Kermit's version. And just as many people are refurbishing them to varying degrees of success for an equally varied price range......generally speaking ;)

Any good "quality" clutch that is set up correctly.

I rebuild a lot of Bully clutches and they are as good as anything out there (as long as they are done right.) Availability of parts is a BIG factor in choosing a clutch too.
Most every kart shop and trackside vendor will have parts in stock for a Bully clutch - that's worth something when you need a part in a pinch.

A lot of the aftermarket "Bully copy" clutches can be just as good (again if they are set up right.) A good clutch blueprinter is more important than the color of the basket. :)
Having the clutch surfaces machined perfectly and the clutch set-up correctly makes all the difference.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I like this one! 12 tab bully and pound or 2 lighter:)

clutch_zpsfe69b3bd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

No...but a welded one together 2 laps from finishing a feature that worked just like that. I put it up on the stand rolled the tires and she fired right up. No more max torque clutches for this cat.

I prefer the old greased lightning... I have had a bully, blue tomar, mdc, and greased lightning... Greased lightning is quite simple to maintain... And guys on here are selling you 2 drivers for the price of one bully driver... But everyone has their favorite clutch and builder... Just pick one where you get great support...

Back