What's the wildest engine you've seen on a speedway kart?

Just curious. Not talking about guys putting 600 street bike engines on kart and shredding a parking lot. I'm talking about real karts, running dirt oval. Doesn't have to be big, can just be exotic.

Dual modified 125cc parillas back in the early 90s on a buller straight railed aero... Rocketship! Actually still have the motors ran in the open class at Springrun Speedway Columbus Junction Iowa 1/5 mile high banked red clay oval back when the top side was fast as the bottom two-three groove track something new karters never experienced here's a video of the track

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ybD1iTeoUMQ

riding the cusion to get grip instead of putting chemicals on them this class in kt100 I have a video of duals to but it has quite a few yellows

No videos or pictures, but in UAS racing in North Carolina I've seen a vertical shaft Tecumseh OHV engine converted to horizontal shaft by Willie Sink who won with it in NCUAS races in either '05 or '06. More recently, Nick Hatton has used a Briggs & Stratton V-Twin (UAS-legal) OHV engine, maybe starting in '09. Both of these sounded great, but the V-twin made people turn around to make sure there wasn't a V8 dirt late model on the track.

Some people have seen a pretty mean snowmobile engine out there on dirt ovals, but I don't know anything about it.

There was a guy with a jet ski motor on his winged kart at penns creek in pa last season that sounded pretty wicked. I'm thinking it was a triple, but don't quote me on that.

I love outlaw and 2 cycle racing its about going fast. Just wish it would come back up here that's why I am doing 100% payback at all my races. There are so many just sitting around. If anyone reads this and doesn't know check out www.maoskart.com this is my effort to help outlaws and 2 cycle supporting classes for UAS

Back in the mid 90s there was a kart class ran a dumplin valley called the Beasts they were widened out champ karts with a wing on top and duel right rear tires and four cylinder motorcycle engines,and no they where not those stupid gixxer kart things with the motor in the back it sat right beside the driver on the right . I can remember those things being bad ,lifting front tires anywhere on the track and,way more power than the winged outlaw karts . I really miss those days ,but I heard that had to stop running the because of insurence purposes

I've always wanted to play with the 16hp vanguard briggs engine on a kart, they make some wild parts for them and I can only imagine what they sound like!

Brad Hinkelman's old blue flat kart motor. Brad, if you see this, please post the pics or videos. That thing is exotic.

:)...
35340_114496561931763_7859690_n.jpg

Dual modified 125cc parillas back in the early 90s on a buller straight railed aero... Rocketship! Actually still have the motors ran in the open class at Springrun Speedway Columbus Junction Iowa 1/5 mile high banked red clay oval back when the top side was fast as the bottom two-three groove track something new karters never experienced here's a video of the track

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ybD1iTeoUMQ

riding the cusion to get grip instead of putting chemicals on them this class in kt100 I have a video of duals to but it has quite a few yellows

Why cant we have tracks like this today? This is real racing not one groove follow the leader. After watching a video like this I cant believe anyone wouldn't like to race like that.jmo

"Back in the mid 90s there was a kart class ran a dumplin valley called the Beasts they were widened out champ karts with a wing on top and duel right rear tires and four cylinder motorcycle engines,and no they where not those stupid gixxer kart things with the motor in the back it sat right beside the driver on the right . I can remember those things being bad ,lifting front tires anywhere on the track and,way more power than the winged outlaw karts . I really miss those days ,but I heard that had to stop running the because of insurence purposes "

I can remember these as well. 2 - 8.00's on the Right Rear. Hands down the baddest and fastest dirt track racing go-kart I have seen to date.

yea i remember the "beasts" seeing at stateline,lawsonville nc....they were really cool....think it was around 99 or 2000 when i seen..

I saw a picture on the cover of the old , "Kart Tech", magazine that had 4 TKM's on it, don't remember if they were 135's or 150's, but never saw anything about it running.

I'm that guy from Penns Creek. It's a Kawasaki 650 jet ski engine- 2 cylinder- 2 stroke. I raced it a few times last year. Still got some work to do. It does sound wicked. It will rip the steering wheel out of your hands. Too Much Power? Nah! Penns Creek High Voltage 2014 come check it out.

Back