Wheel hop

tcontrael

I was looking for some suggestions. We have a regular Sr. Champ kart with a wing that consists of a center section of the front wing of 410 sprint. Running 5hp Briggs flat head built like stick appearing. Aluminum kirkey seat. Kart with driver and no weight is just over 300lbs. Unsure of scale numbers at the moment as I don't have scales or any to borrow at this time. Burris slicks. Rear hops bad, mostly right rear. Tried adding front weight, then right, also a little on the rear. I always thought wheel hop came from being too tight and the kart fighting itself. Am I heading the right direction adding weight to the right or am I headed the right way?

we had a track that ran winged champs here as well and the only thing that helped the hop was to take the wing off. if you don't have to run the kirkey seat also that would help basically you are fighting a very high cog and until you get that lowered you will hop.

It's always been my experience that a little more air pressure helps. A little more secure mounting of the seat. If the tire starts to hop, the side to side bouncing of the seat only adds to it.

The seat is secured just like any fiberglass or plastic seat. So the seat is pretty secure but not so much to bind the kart. Also any opinions on why people have told me adding left side weight will loosen the kart? Or en explanation of how or why that would work. I always thought adding right weight will loosen. We haven't had a chance to try left instead of right. I was also told it's hopping because of too much load on the right rear.

Back