wheel sizes

foreverfaster

Site Supporter
Ok, help me end a debate. please comment on the general 4 rim widths used on a standard set up for a dirt oval kart.
RF,, RR,,, LF... LR..

Please and thanks.

As stated above 2 right side 10 in wheels, for us running burris 11x8.10-6 RS all the same circumference.
LF can vary 5-6.5 inch width wheels with a 11x5.00-6 tire.
LR from 8.25-8.75 inch wheel with a 11x6.00-6 tire for different staggers

Ive been confused for 20 years as to why the excessively wide right front. I tried it one time with extremely poor results. Is it just a sort of following?

My findings were track championships and track mph records.
Front stagger? Those 2 tires are independent. So you change front tire sizes to get the cross percentage you want and call it front stagger?

My findings were track championships and track mph records.
Front stagger? Those 2 tires are independent. So you change front tire sizes to get the cross percentage you want and call it front stagger?
No I adjust front stagger for chassis rake.
Cross can be affected by all tires not just the front
Asphalt sprint racing has zero to do with dirt oval racing, so your championship means squat.
150+ feature wins.
10 track championships in 5 seasons.
All on dirt oval, how many do you have on dirt oval?

I doubt you have one but if your chassis is not an offset oval chassis youre right- the big right front tire will not work. At all. Now, if you do indeed have an oval chassis and the big RF made it worse you have serious setup issues. Get that thing on some scales and get it fixed (and aligned)

I doubt you have one but if your chassis is not an offset oval chassis youre right- the big right front tire will not work. At all. Now, if you do indeed have an oval chassis and the big RF made it worse you have serious setup issues. Get that thing on some scales and get it fixed (and aligned)
That's why he ignored my offer to try it on dirt oval.
Another AL, raced sprints and think it directly translates to dirt oval

No I adjust front stagger for chassis rake.
Cross can be affected by all tires not just the front
Asphalt sprint racing has zero to do with dirt oval racing, so your championship means squat.
150+ feature wins.
10 track championships in 5 seasons.
All on dirt oval, how many do you have on dirt oval?
1. first season at a new track. Took a break for a year and came back to run RWYB and thats when the track record was set.

No backyard track. 1/8 mile flat clay. 64 mph top speed track lasted for about 8 years. track closed with that record.

Keep chiming....your not looking real good right now!!

Well think about this, if it didnt work than why have I never seen a kart without a wide RF at any money races or even weekend shows? It works and has been proven to work which is why it is still ran like that to this day. You aren't gonna win this argument because the RF benefits the kart so much more than you think. I am not saying your small RF cant work but when the kart is set up right and tires are prepped right for the track then the wide RF will beat your small left front. SO moral of the story a wide RF is faster than your small RF. Now it leads me to the competition may be a little suspect if your kart is setup like that and setting track records.

RWYB is one of those classes where sometimes 1 kart dominates because its powerplant works differently like if that makes since. Some tracks the 4 strokes may be faster but in some places them 2 smokes will whoop butt. But in clone if you ran a small RF you wont be very fast. But with that much power try out a wide RF and change your setup until it works because I guarantee when you can get it to work and be fast then you will be faster than you were with a smaller RF

No backyard track. 1/8 mile flat clay. 64 mph top speed track lasted for about 8 years. track closed with that record.

Keep chiming....your not looking real good right now!!
Lol a new track that closed, 1/8 mile to boot.
Keep chiming, you're making yourself look like a fool
When the weather gets nice, bring your kart to Ashway speedway, and I got a grand says you run a small tire there you'll be lapped in 6 laps.
Stock clone or UAS take your pick.
If your setting track records why didn't you go to Daytona and take all their money with your narrow rf?

Back