Wheel width advice

Chuck D

I'm looking to reconfirm my wheel width selections. I'm running a spec tire Senior Predator Division that requires a Burris TX-33 treaded tire,following widths:
Left front: 11x5.5x6
Right rear: 11.5x8.5x6
Left rear and Right front: 11.5x7x6

I believe I will require a 6-1/2 wide wheel, an 8-1/4 wide wheel and two 9-1/4 wide wheels to achieve a 35 to 36-1/2 inch stagger (tire/wheel diameters).

Am I on the right track ?

Thank you.

That may work .
What do they measure currently?
I have not ran many tx series though have the k series .
Myself i could not get much change out of the tires as far as size .

Last edited:
That may work .
What do they measure currently?
I have no ran many tx series though have the k series .
Myself i could not get much change out of the tires as far as size .

They don't measure anything right now. I need to buy them before I can mount them to the correct width rim and them measure them.

I'm looking to reconfirm my wheel width selections. I'm running a spec tire Senior Predator Division that requires a Burris TX-33 treaded tire,following widths:
Left front: 11x5.5x6
Right rear: 11.5x8.5x6
Left rear and Right front: 11.5x7x6

I believe I will require a 6-1/2 wide wheel, an 8-1/4 wide wheel and two 9-1/4 wide wheels to achieve a 35 to 36-1/2 inch stagger (tire/wheel diameters).

Am I on the right track ?

Thank you.

I think you'll want to mount up a 10" right sides just to keep the stagger down. LR 8 1/4 - 8 3/4" to get stagger where you want it, and then size them from there. LF 6 1/2" will be fine...I'd suggest a 6" if you can't get the RF moutned up or kept small enough to get your desired front stagger.

We mount, size, and cut these treaded tires often. If you have any questions or need anything, just give us a holler at the shop.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I think you'll want to mount up a 10" right sides just to keep the stagger down. LR 8 1/4 - 8 3/4" to get stagger where you want it, and then size them from there. LF 6 1/2" will be fine...I'd suggest a 6" if you can't get the RF moutned up or kept small enough to get your desired front stagger.

We mount, size, and cut these treaded tires often. If you have any questions or need anything, just give us a holler at the shop.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Thank you. I'll be in touch.