Wheels/Tires HELP

JLeggett68

What's up guys... I am new to the karting scene and need some advise on wheel and tire setup. My son is 7 years old and is going to be racing his first race at the end of the month. He is in a Rage Jr Champ and will be running the MARS rookie cage class to start off. The kart currently has slicks on it and the class he's running requires treads. Again I'm am completely new to this and I have been told for the tracks I'm running I need the D30 Hoosier treads, but I have no clue on what size tires or wheels to get! Any help on size/wheel offset will greatly appreciated!!!

I called Turk Brothers for sizing advice, they were very helpful. I assume you know what you need for stagger, tell them this and they'll tell you what tires give you those stagger numbers.

What's up guys... I am new to the karting scene and need some advise on wheel and tire setup. My son is 7 years old and is going to be racing his first race at the end of the month. He is in a Rage Jr Champ and will be running the MARS rookie cage class to start off. The kart currently has slicks on it and the class he's running requires treads. Again I'm am completely new to this and I have been told for the tracks I'm running I need the D30 Hoosier treads, but I have no clue on what size tires or wheels to get! Any help on size/wheel offset will greatly appreciated!!!
I would ask locally first, if that tire is required there is someone near selling them, you'll save shipping, keep a local place open, and probably make a new friend along the way that will have knowledge on what it takes to be competitive on your local tracks, that info is more valuable than saving a few bucks ordering off line.

Back