When do you cancel a go kart race

nobozos

If kart racing is a hobby when do you cancel. No dog in the hunt. Do you cancel because people are traveling long distances and maybe a chance of rain or just on % of rain forcast. You tell me Thanks in advance later Chuck.

IKF we signed in in the rain .
Then if not possible to race everyone get full points .
We traveling It's, my choice i gotta check the forecast and make a decision. Drive from Iowa to Winfield Kansas . Bam its raining .

With gas and diesel at all time highs, promoters have got to consider the forecast (as inaccurate as they may be at times.)
I hate to see cancellations as much (or more) than anyone, but most kart racers are doing this just as a hobby and you have to look after them.

When you do choose to pull the plug on your race program, just be sure to post it EVERYWHERE...not just on your favorite social media outlet. There had better be a track phone or personal contact for folks who don't live on the internet with their latest smart phone gadget too.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

This is where karting is different than car racing. Race car track promoters make decisions based on paying spectator numbers and worry about enough coming that night to cover the guaranteed purse money. In karting, since we basically race for our own money (kind of like playing poker which some nights would be more fun) I guess the first consideration would be track points for that night. Do you really expect racers to tow there in spite of a high chance of rain, just so they dont get hurt in points if they do race? And yeah what Brian said about fuel costs.
I guess you have to decide what is going to put a bad taste in the fewest mouths

some of the best times I've had is when the track waits out the rain and rolls the track in....never been faster than when the clay moisture content is perfect for flat-out hauling

Back