When making a adjustment?

jsf74

Say i make a camber or castor move or change a wheel offset at the track and it helps. When i go to scale it for the next weekend do i reset cross to original numbers and leave everything else alone?

Say i make a camber or castor move or change a wheel offset at the track and it helps. When i go to scale it for the next weekend do i reset cross to original numbers and leave everything else alone?

If it's better rescale it and make notes of your changes but leave it alone.

You will not be able to answer that question 100% UNLESS you try both ways, for sure as mentioned get on scales and note all the changes to numbers, If the change helped enough to put you up front leave it alone, If not make other changes or re-set cross and prove positive results or negative results, the bad part about making changes different race nights is the difference in tires, as the biggest reason the change at the track helped in the first place is it fell in line with the tires you were racing at that time and that current track condition, you try things on a different night when the tires are not matching the condition you will never get best results.

If possible. Note the numbers before and after the race. You wouldn't be the first person to forget to tighten a bolt, or have things change on you mid race(that you didn't intend on).

You scaled before the adjustments with the original settings.
You changed settings. It ran better.
Just rescale and record the difference.
You've already tried it both ways.

You scaled before the adjustments with the original settings.
You changed settings. It ran better.
Just rescale and record the difference.
You've already tried it both ways.
He's only talking about cross, the cross change alone would not be the reason for being better.

Since it ran better with your adjustments at the track, IF you have
your setup of how you took the kart to the track, all you need to do
is re-scale and see where you went with your adjustments.
IF the cross went lower, I wouldn't re-scale to more cross because
I would think that the Kart/driver/track was wanting less cross.
I think. Maybe.

Back