When to resurface a tire

I don't think there is a when .
It's more the how too resurface a tire without hurting it .
At the track the rubber finger disc works well without altering the surface .

If it's a Burris 33 pretty much after every race, If it's different tire when it looks fuzzed or feathered or glazed over, BUT as mentioned when is not going to hurt it, it's how if not done correct that will.

I don't think there is a when .
It's more the how too resurface a tire without hurting it .
At the track the rubber finger disc works well without altering the surface .
Alright then. What’s the correct way and incorrect.

Bingo! I have noticed that resurfacing after a weekend of heavy aggressive prepping will tend to ball the rubber up to. I’ve you have the luxury of letting them cure out a week it helps. I’m sure we all heard this before it works for tires to... don’t push too hard, take your time and don’t get too aggressive 😉

If the karts on the stand in the pits with dirty tires spinning on rear axle someone using a 4" high speed grinding wheel ( DRY ) thinking there resurfacing, would qualify as WRONG WAY !!
Ten 4 .
A 9 inch grinder will get the body shaking like it's gonna jump off the stand .
You will see which tires need balancing .

You can resurface them as often as you wish.
Keep in mind that we wear out more tires with a sander/grinder than we do on the track.
With Burris, definitely refinish them after every heat cycle if you are using harsh preps.
We can generally run all night on the same set if we're using our Black Bite 2.0 as base prep and our Monster Bite as a PRW.
Even still, we'll refinish them when we get back to the shop.
With harsh preps (green, goat, etc) you just about have to let the tire cure out for a couple weeks before using it again.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back