When will the new chamfer gauge be released?

It is already here Paul. It is the so called out of the box predator.

It would be here if out of the box the predator came with tamper proof seals or construction.

Maybe all could buy predators plus shipping from the same place. And the place would make(maybe) $25 per engine for sealing it?

How bout it Don would it be worth it for you or someone else to be the national supplier for predators at $25 each for your time to acquire, seal and ship them out? You would do no tech on the engines only buy them seal them and ship them buyer paying shipping.

The other thought I had was maybe they could be bought by someone wanting to be the national supplier from China already sealed.

I'm just brainstorming the idea on here for fun and my interest, nothing else.

It would be here if out of the box the predator came with tamper proof seals or construction.

Maybe all could buy predators plus shipping from the same place. And the place would make(maybe) $25 per engine for sealing it?

How bout it Don would it be worth it for you or someone else to be the national supplier for predators at $25 each for your time to acquire, seal and ship them out? You would do no tech on the engines only buy them seal them and ship them buyer paying shipping.

The other thought I had was maybe they could be bought by someone wanting to be the national supplier from China already sealed.

I'm just brainstorming the idea on here for fun and my interest, nothing else.

^That's called a monopoly. And counter productive to the development of the sport.

I think the question nobody has answered (with anything other than speculation or opinion--you know like with real, repeatable data) is: Does this constitute a performance enhancement, or is it solely for ease of assembly?

We can't allow people to machine areas of the engine that are not approved. Once we turn our heads to this kind of issue, it is then presumed that it is ok and who knows where it will go once builders start their r&d on the area we are neglecting to enforce. The mere fact that no one has proven if it is or isn't a gain is irrelevant. What is relevant is the fact that it is being done and AKRA has not given permission for anyone to do it. On a side note, there is one particular big builder who is hogging it out big time. Each time I get the call the same name pops up.

I wonder why? I like to keep the support under the head gasket myself. What little unshrouding you would do there I think would be negated by the gaskets bore hole... I dunno? Unless it’s being done to make the cc in the combustion chamber bigger to account for the cc in the bottom end being bigger??? IE...cheater 212 bottoms?? I dunno?

Screenshot_20191012-212937_Chrome.jpg

Could it be that one builder has found by chance it happened increase output and does it to all their engines?

And could it be that flattop1 just showed us and maybe the builder a reason for it increasing output?

Without a rule stating you can't do it next would come only over chamfering in a particular place which might relate to where fuel comes in or where it's ignited. Again the racer price of engines would go up.

What's next a go/nogo gauge which could be run around the top of the cylinder checking chamfer. If the gauge wobbles or maybe moves out from the center of the cylinder too much it means chamfer is excessive?

We already have a rule in place. No machining unless otherwise stated. Believe me when I say the builder I am warning is doing it in a fashion that a blind tech could find.

We can't allow people to machine areas of the engine that are not approved. Once we turn our heads to this kind of issue, it is then presumed that it is ok and who knows where it will go once builders start their r&d on the area we are neglecting to enforce. The mere fact that no one has proven if it is or isn't a gain is irrelevant. What is relevant is the fact that it is being done and AKRA has not given permission for anyone to do it. On a side note, there is one particular big builder who is hogging it out big time. Each time I get the call the same name pops up.
let me be sure I understand,
AKRA allow's us to alter black spacer, and grind retainers to lighten, grind lifter to lighten, (all performance gains) but we draw the line on chamfering the top of the cylinder, not sure i get it, and this to all the new measurments on the carb's :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Back