Where are the wheels?

Shotgun Shogun

I've searched high and low. cant find any 6" wheels. (Specifically looking for a set to mount Cobras) I know there is a shortage but I was wondering if anyone knew of a dark alley where I can score;)... or had any news about when or if there is light at the end this bleak tunnel.

it’s not looking good ..... I’ve seen some racers doing just some unspeakable things for used tires and wheels 😉..... it’s a wicked sinful world these racers are living in at the moment... 😂

had any news about when or if there is light at the end this bleak tunnel.
I haven't read anything direct from VanK in a few weeks. What I have heard from dealers isn't optimistic to satisfy current demand. I wouldn't count on VanK having much, if anything, available before June. I've not heard or seen much from Williams / WMS in terms of their availability.

Rumor has it that VanK is still 3 to 4 weeks out on making orders from November of 2020. They apparently have had some machinery go down on them and have had to wait several weeks to get back to work. Estimation is at least 4 weeks until they start shipping again.

WMS isn't quite as bad, but still not great.

i got a set of 3 with some used maxxis on them(not taking them off to sell them that way). Tires from end of 2020 only run at a special. Send me a message i could probably let one set go we are down to one kart.

Do yall bend rims that much? I have had the same sets of rims for over 5 years. They still roll as true as when new... lol

Do yall bend rims that much? I have had the same sets of rims for over 5 years. They still roll as true as when new... lol
I think alot of guys like to add a set or two of new wheels from time to time if they want to add another option in the trailer.

I think alot of guys like to add a set or two of new wheels from time to time if they want to add another option in the trailer.
I am just saying that as long as you take care of them they last a long time... i know guys like to have extra wheels. I am the same. I still have new wheels with fresh tires mounted from 3 years ago. But when i buy tires i dismount the old tires and mount new on those rims. I am a budget racer and every penny counts

Right sides get morre abuse then lefts .
I would say , no wheel in competition made five years with out a ding or scrape .

Right sides get morre abuse then lefts .
I would say , no wheel in competition made five years with out a ding or scrape .
As long as they dont wobble i am good. I cant say that some dont have scrapes. I agree that right sides take more abuse but a few scrapes wont lose a race or cause the tire not to mount and seal properly. You cant see the scrapes when the green flag drops...

every season we buy 3 new sets with wheels, tires and rims are cycled out and sold, gave away or trashed

every season we buy 3 new sets with wheels, tires and rims are cycled out and sold, gave away or trashed
This doesn't make sense to me. Any tires we cycle out for dirt are then used for indoors. As far as rims we reuse until you cant use them anymore.

This doesn't make sense to me. Any tires we cycle out for dirt are then used for indoors. As far as rims we reuse until you cant use them anymore.
Your program is different than his and ours. We used to cycle out our wheels to use indoor, then buy a few new sets for outdoor each season.
Tires (dirt) depending on condition would either be kept, sold or tossed. Asphalt would be kept for syrup or tossed.
I sold close to 40 wheels last year and threw out a bunch & tires, as we haven't raced asphalt or syrup in a couple years. Also sold 6 sets of dirt tires, but kept the wheels as they were the newest ones.

I've searched high and low. cant find any 6" wheels. (Specifically looking for a set to mount Cobras) I know there is a shortage but I was wondering if anyone knew of a dark alley where I can score;)... or had any news about when or if there is light at the end this bleak tunnel.
Got some this week from TSRacing.com

ec carbs shows in stock on 10" and 6.5"
They're gone now.

From what I'm understanding, it'll be a looooooooooooong time before the wheel manufacturers get caught back up.
Used wheels are bringing new money too. People want to race, and they need wheels and tires to race on. (especially new folks)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back