Where can I an engine dyno done at?

We ran into the same type issues last year with one of our CRF450's. Changed everything out wire harness, ecu, coil, all the normal stuff.....got advice from another racer to replace the flywheel. We were hard headed...stock flywheel...what could go bad on it? Well, we finally changed the flywheel with another stock Honda wheel.....Problem solved. Have no idea on what can go wrong with them, but a new wheel fixed it....

Another thing we learned through this process is that you do not need more than a small black "clone" fuel pump even when on alky. Even with serious built motors.

jjrick, That's funny you mentioned this. I have also changed everything out except the flywheel because I thought what could go wrong with the flywheel. I have a second on off another engine I will throw on.. Thanks

Would anybody be willing to share carb settings with my. I am on 13.5 :1 CP piston. Stage 1 cam. port and polished head and C12 VP racing fuel. Stock carb. 1.5 turns out fuel screw

So you have no return line back to the tank? It could be putting to much fuel in the float bowl. It can just be to ritch and that will make it run like it is on a rev limiter. I use a pressure reg off a Honda odyssey with a return line back to the tank one other thing is what kill switch you use unhook it and give it a run?
Blake if you're not running a return as Mr Mello mentioned, this is likely your issue. You were running a tilly previously right? you'll need to at the very least put a y in the fuel line at the carb and run it back to the tank. Unscrew the terminal from a spark plug and stick it in the end of the fuel line at the end of the return. You should see an immediate difference. Also make sure all the breather lines on the carb are unobstructed. Look into a pump mod for your carb, or you can run a pump around system.

What fuel were you running previously with your tilly?

Blake if you're not running a return as Mr Mello mentioned, this is likely your issue. You were running a tilly previously right? you'll need to at the very least put a y in the fuel line at the carb and run it back to the tank. Unscrew the terminal from a spark plug and stick it in the end of the fuel line at the end of the return. You should see an immediate difference. Also make sure all the breather lines on the carb are unobstructed. Look into a pump mod for your carb, or you can run a pump around system.

What fuel were you running previously with your tilly?
I was running alcohol in the tilly. I have ordered the odyssey regulator that was recommended to me so I can run a return line before the weekend. I am pretty good when it comes to cleaning so I blow out all my breather lines after every weekend. Another question, Beginning of the season I was on a 170 main jet and from what I could tell it was running fine. Maybe not as good as it should and I just didn't notice. I am currently up to a 178 main jet because I was trying whatever I could to see if it would make any difference. After I install the regulator should I go back down to the 170 main and start from there?

I would drop it down to whatever the manual recommends as a starting point. I would also get it running good on 91 non eth before throwing high octane vp with o2 at it. It’s simply unneeded and will add extra tuning frustration. What ignition/timing adjustments did you make switching from alky to gas?

I run C12 VP which doenst add any 02 to the fuel. But I am running the stock ignition and timing on engine on gas.

Back