Where do I find a kart?

DirtDgr

Hello! First post.
I am in Northern Cal. There is a dirt kart track here where I live in Lakeport. I want to race the clone class as it seams to be where the older guys are. I am one!

My question is where in the heck do I find a kart? I want good stuff. Used ok. But prefer new. I have scoured craigslist. Not much out there.
I have been racing other types of racing all my life. So racing is not new to me at all. This stuff is. I dont know where start! Help please! Thanks so much.

The race track near you is the best place . Have cash in hand .
Race ready kart and engine right off the grid as is . 2500-5000 dollars

Facebook is loaded with them right now, but the prices seem to be inflated this year... Something to do with stimulus checks I would say.

The race track near you is the best place . Have cash in hand .
Race ready kart and engine right off the grid as is . 2500-5000 dollars
There is just not that many. It is a somewhat struggling class here in Norcal They are attempting to build it up. Plus with COVID they don't allow spectators yet! Is a Slack Racing Kart a good start brand new?

If you are Facebook savvy check the marketplace in your area along with the Facebook groups. Bill Didion is in Cali and should be able to help, along with many others.

I'd start by speaking with reputable people at the track you would like to race at. Someone may be upgrading to the latest and greatest chassis and looking to sell the one they have or can give you tips on what chassis manufacturers have the best success at the track. From experience, this can be better way to get up to speed a little quicker and you cultivate relationships that can help you down the road.

If you can afford to buy new do so, the slack you posted is a great kart.
Uncle Frank's is out that way and offer chassis
https://www.ufranks.com/
Plenty of kart sale Facebook pages, but do research first, because some are putting outrageous prices, and mis information hoping someone bites, on junk imo
If not new, try to stay within 5 or 6 yrs old.
If you find something and not sure, bring a picture here and many can tell if it's worth it or not

Hello! First post.
I am in Northern Cal. There is a dirt kart track here where I live in Lakeport. I want to race the clone class as it seams to be where the older guys are. I am one!

My question is where in the heck do I find a kart? I want good stuff. Used ok. But prefer new. I have scoured craigslist. Not much out there.
I have been racing other types of racing all my life. So racing is not new to me at all. This stuff is. I dont know where start! Help please! Thanks so much.
Hey, I just raced at lakeport in the clones last weekend, private message me and ill shoot you over my contact info, and some other guys that race contact info, we can help find a kart for you. even if you need help setting up at the track ect, im also here to help!

Last edited:
Back