Where to buy aluminum tire rack brackets ????

I have used the plates that use 3/4" conduit, I switched this past season to the ones from JC that's use 1" conduit and in my opinion they make a much stronger rack using the 1/4" bigger conduit.

I'm sure Heater can fix you up with what your looking for as well, he's a great guy to deal with!

I have used the plates that use 3/4" conduit, I switched this past season to the ones from JC that's use 1" conduit and in my opinion they make a much stronger rack using the 1/4" bigger conduit.

3/4" conduit is a "trade size" 3/4" EMT (thinwall conduit) actually measures .922 OD

Are you saying the conduit they use in the plates are for 1" conduit which actually measures 1.163 OD ?

3/4" conduit is a "trade size" 3/4" EMT (thinwall conduit) actually measures .922 OD

Are you saying the conduit they use in the plates are for 1" conduit which actually measures 1.163 OD ?

The plates I used with the 3/4" conduit were home made but of aluminum as well, when I purchased the plates from JC I went to my local ace warehouse and bought 1" conduit. Not sure on the measurements of either but I will check and repost!

Easy solution for sagging tire rack rods:

Place 3/4" EMT conduit inside of 1" EMT conduit for your supporting rods will go a LONG way in keeping your tires where they belong (even on our current lovely roads.) Cut the 3/4" conduit about 1/2" shorter than the 1" rods, drill a 1/8" hole at the very end of each piece of 1" conduit, and either place a bolt (or cable tie) through the hole to retain the smaller conduit inside of the larger -- this also serves as a way to keep the conduit from pulling out of your aluminum end plates. I prefer to use plastic cable ties because we occasionally need to remove the tire racks from the trailer to haul other items and it's quicker/easier to cut wire tires loose than bolt/un-bolt each time.
Conduit is CHEAP when bought in full lengths. You may even find a local electrical contractor who has a pile of cut-offs or used pieces that they'd "sponsor" your team with for free.

I ended up having a local fabricating and machine shop make up aluminum end plates for our trailer (to my design.) They did it as a partial sponsorship -- I bought the sheet of tread plate and they offered their labor. Awesome deal and I got exactly what I wanted in tire racks. I spec'd a heavier aluminum because I span slightly over 12' with 3 pieces. I'd make them available for sale, but there just is no money in making them and offering them at the prices that others currently sell theirs for. JC, Heater, & Lynn all offer them and will work great for most applications and all these guys are great to deal with.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
27 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back