which cam for 1/2 mile dirt track

jchildree2

trying to get a little information on the bsp3. i have run the bsp2 and the cl2. they both seem to pull hard in the upper rpm range compared to the cl1i. i am going to the new billet rod in the box stock motor per the new rule and wanting to try new cam why i have it apart and was looking to see what some recommend.

If the rules of the track say you can run a billit rod then run one as for the cam i have no experience with the bsp3, ive had both the bsp2 an cl2 cams. Personally I prefer the cl2 but thats because my engines seem to be stronger with that cam but the bsp2 would also be good since its better on the top end

I meant a cast rod, not a billet rod. I have also ran both the bsp2 and cl2 and like you said you can diffidently hear a differance in them. The bsp2 would start pulling hard half way down the straight away, so I had to run a little more gear to get it of the corner. I know with the new spring and higher rpms I was just trying to get some information on the performance of the bsp3.

I meant a cast rod, not a billet rod. I have also ran both the bsp2 and cl2 and like you said you can diffidently hear a differance in them. The bsp2 would start pulling hard half way down the straight away, so I had to run a little more gear to get it of the corner. I know with the new spring and higher rpms I was just trying to get some information on the performance of the bsp3.
have you ran all these cams on this track you're talking about?

i'm on a 3/8 mile paved oval. on the 356 last season and it pulls great in the upper ranges (we race WOT, no lifting). but with that cam, i need something more at the bottom end for starts and restarts....i'm going with a 275 lift cam this season. been hearing great things about the black mamba and the F275 from ARC....

I have always been a big lift cam guy,but I to are starting to look at the others.
we run asphalt oval 1/5 mile just have to lift twice tight turns or one time
can go in 1-2 wide open but not in 3-4 lol.my cams of choice were the 308 and
356 but looking at the 275 now and black mamba

BSP3 is a great cam for 1/5 mile tracks, i race at 2 1/5 mile tracks and have only been using the BSP3 for the last few months, it seems to have more power in the 4500-6500 range than the BSP2. I prefer the BSP2 for box stock class and BSP3 for pro clone. With 32-34* timing and a good carb, the BSP3 is hard to beat IMO

Back