Which cam should we run? new to karting......

sprintracing33

Which cam should we run on a all stock, ARC flywheel, with blue plate? asphalt track. Engine that came with kart has a bsp2 in it. should I buy a CL1 I . or CL2

Also have a one with a ARC flywheel, ARC billet rod , and 18 lb springs, no plate. What cam should I put in it?

What size track and is it a flatfoot momentum track or a tight lifting track? also with running 18# springs I take it you are not running stock so we will need the rules to give you a good choice on that motor. There are a lot more choices when you get out into classes that let you run those type mods.

it is a half tight half straights. well the rules are really loose. and for $.50 more why not put 18 lb in? I am new and know nothing. could the bsp2 cam be the reason we were beat up on the tight corners? straights we were ok, could stay with them some times.

I don't think so the bsp2 is a good cam, good all around...
I would put better resources into handling and tires.

I have not been beaten on cam, have been beaten on handling...
Have been beaten plenty of times on tires...

not calling you a cheater but if you are going to cheat the stock rules you might as well do it right lol go with a bp2 cam and 26# springs instead on yours . on the plate motor i'd agree with yak work on handling and the bsp2 is a good plate cam on tight tracks. We even run one on a bp motor with 26# springs and it runs pretty good on small tracks. on bigger tracks it runs out of lungs lol

well we are new and my driver is a kid, so I don't have any driver feed back of how kart handles. tires are new. I scrub the old rubber off after every race weekend. I am just trying to find a cam that is right for my application. Cheating.... I have personally raced many things. There is a lot of racers out there that cheat. almost everyone cheats in a way. Hasn't Chad knous and Jimmie Johnson caught cheating before... So if you had a rule book and no one ever checks anything. and you know that the other karts are cheating. Are you just going to keep paying money to race and get beat bad every time. I just want my driver to have a chance to stay up with them. I don't want NOS on it. I don't want him to blow away everyone, like the other karts do now.

One motor is a blue plate, stock and ARC flywheel from our rules. need a good cam for this application.??

other is non restricted, ARC flywheel as well. Also stock but looking to beef it up a little. don't know about billet rod? But also need a good cam for this application.??

just want son to have a chance at staying with the pack. and not get lapped every race

setup can make you look like a zero or a hero . That's one thing that new comers don't understand they all think it's in the motor that there problems come from but it's not. Myself I'd stick with your bsp2 in the plate motor and a cl1 in the other. As far as your billet rod it's not legal so incase you go to a track that does tech you may want to keep it stock along with the 18# springs. Karting is all about momentum and with such low horsepower setup is key.. Here watch these vids this is me from the first years we started clones. pretty much everybody was new to karting and I had 3 years under my belt and had my kart dialed in. this was 100% legal but from watching the vids you would think I was cheating I'm the red 17 on dirt and black 75 on asphalt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6V1QduHPWc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g74CZaw-5VE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUQcfykbAWQ

Back