which cylinder head?

kartracer60

So i have my choice of 2 heads for my predator engine, a 14cc Honda head untouched, or a new style (non hemi) style with the bigger valves (untouched) ?. I run on a small bullring type track with rpm's around 6200-6500.thanks

the 14cc honda head, it will give you more compression and low end power that will help on the bullring. The bigger valves in the hemi head will only really help on bigger tracks where you need top end more, in my opinion. The honda head will probably flow better also compared to the predator head, as the casting is much cleaner than the predator castings.

Ok thank you. Should i get it milled down also? Is there anywhere i can send it to have it milled and a valve/port job?

First of all, before we go throwing out reccomendations, what class is this engine for? Open, stock appearing, back yard track?

Yes you can have it milled and ported to get more power out of it, but in my opinion if your gonna do that, you need a bigger cam and bigger carb. As far as who can do the work, there are a couple well qualified builders on here who can do it, and there are shops who can do it. One shop who comes to mind is NR Racing, they can do anything you want. The builders i would reccomend talking to about working your head for you would either be Barry Young (Youngengines) or Gary Costanza (Sneaks)

Hi Kartracer60, What track do you run at? Just curious as I'm from Northern California also. Good luck with your build.
So i have my choice of 2 heads for my predator engine, a 14cc Honda head untouched, or a new style (non hemi) style with the bigger valves (untouched) ?. I run on a small bullring type track with rpm's around 6200-6500.thanks

If just looking for 6000-6500 rpm, don't mill the 14cc head , use a .010 gasket, leave the stock valves, just unshroud the valves a bit, and smooth off all the edges in the port, and bowl...

Back