Which internal prep stays with the tire the longest?

They all stay in the tire, just some different changes happen.
Tire Tuff is probably the least aggressive, meaning that it will stay WITH the tire for a longer amount of time without change, ONCE the initial change has happened with internal prepping.

I think every prep system, you roll or re roll your tires 2-1 weeks before a race just to keep the chemicals fresh

With our chemicals we only suggest rolling them once. Kryptonite is our only inside specific prep, it will soften and add bite. SQS and Tire Tuff mixed is also a very popular inside prep and still my go to. Both of those products will stay with the tire and you will see its affects for the life of the tire.

One question here??? Does the inside of the tire have to be prepped??? If I was to buy new tires and only prep the outside will that work??? New to Karting and don't have a tire roller, YET....

A lot of that will depend on the kind of tires your running. Burris not so much, with Maxxis you will definitely see a big advantage.

I am guessing that most everyone's internal prep is once and done. (Meaning that it stays in the tire for the life of the tire.)

Our Pink Panther and our Medium Rare our popular internal preps. They only need rolled once for the life of the tire. I know Liquid Speed LS1 is a one time application internally as well. Chris could speak better about Hot Lap (I & II) but I would tend to think they are once and done when used internally as well.

Lots of good options out there.

--
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I must say, during the recent PRC Tire Talk Seminar, I was amazed at the fact that Knofph, Miller, Mullis, and McConnell all 4 discussed re-rolling their tires with inside prep at somepoint to refresh them. In some cases with the same amount that they originally rolled them with. I thought this was forbidden.......evidently not.

Sounded to me that if 100cc equaled a 45 durometer when new and the tires had creeped back up to original hardness they would re-roll. Is that what it sounded like to everyone else?

I also re roll my tires, I also only roll 1 week to 1 1/2 weeks before the race, I don't believe in cure time any longer. I use palmetto

Sounded to me that if 100cc equaled a 45 durometer when new and the tires had creeped back up to original hardness they would re-roll. Is that what it sounded like to everyone else?

That's exactly what was said. They emphasized that the re-rolling was done on older sets that had performed well at the duro established the first time rolled internally. It's certainly food for thought when getting several sets ready for a race weekend. It's still a bit of a guessing game and always will be......especially for those of us chasing the "magic set of tires" on any given weekend. When you hit it, you'll know it, and so will your competition.

I have been finding for our local tracks that inside softening is more important then outside, I believe it has to do more so with side bite in the tires from the internal prep, therefore if a tire creeps up in hardness I generally choose to drop duro from the inside, unless I don't want any more side bite then I will do it from the outside, usually with a mild softener/ conditioner

I am guessing that most everyone's internal prep is once and done. (Meaning that it stays in the tire for the life of the tire.)

Our Pink Panther and our Medium Rare our popular internal preps. They only need rolled once for the life of the tire. I know Liquid Speed LS1 is a one time application internally as well. Chris could speak better about Hot Lap (I & II) but I would tend to think they are once and done when used internally as well.

Lots of good options out there.

--
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
LS1 and LS3 both would be one time applications on tires that are used often, the LS3 is a more aggressive internal. But if the tires have been sitting for a couple months or more, i like to freshen them up with a reroll, usually half of what i rolled the first time, but sometimes i reroll the same amount. You guys have to remember, when tires are sitting around for awhile, they start losing the oils in the tire, and rerolling will refreshen the tire and bring it back to life, putting the oils back into that tire.

Back